Chapter 42: Link Battles the Yiga Blademaster

The smoke in the Tarrey Town just barely began to clear, however no one had moved towards the Goddess Statue as the menacing voice had instructed. Everyone remained in place, not uttering a single word.

"It seems as though you people didn't hear me right..." the voice called out again. This time, however, a purple with a hint of pink light began to shine through the smoke directly on top of the Goddess Statue in the center of the town. "I said: Everyone. Gather. Around."

Zelda's eyes grew wide as she stared at the now fading light. That couldn't have been malice... There was no way, it wasn't possible. Whether it was possible or not, it was the only conclusion Zelda could come to. She opened her mouth to speak up, to warn everyone of the dangers of not listening, however she felt a small tug on the bottom of her Hylian Tunic. Zelda looked down to see old lady Monari looking back up at her. The old lady shook her head, before calling out in a weakened voice: "For those who love this town and wish for it not to be covered in the Calamity Ganon's power, I suggest you follow the voice's orders."

The voices of the townspeople murmured through the smoke, whispers of the Calamity and other fears traveling through the mist before one by one, those who lived in Tarrey Town began stepping forth towards the Goddess Statue. Zelda watched as Rhondson, along with Hudson who had come to find her, began walking away from her towards the Goddess Statue.

"Princess," old lady Monari whispered. Zelda crouched down to the elderly lady's level. "Whatever you do, do not, under any circumstances give yourself away. Stick to your hidden name, no matter what. Promise me this."

Zelda's green eyes filled with worry and fear. Zelda began to shake her head, however the elder took Zelda's hand into her own with pleading eyes.

"Princess, please, I beg of you. You and the Champion are Hyrule's last hope if Calamity Ganon is to make his return! You must promise me this! Hyrule cannot withstand against another Calamity!" Monari said in despair. Zelda noticed the dread yet hope in the woman's eyes. She was one of the last remaining Hylians that had witnessed the Calamity, and she was putting her faith in Zelda for a second time. Zelda steeled her resolve. She must not fail them again.

Zelda nodded in agreement as she stood. Monari, with a shaky smile, nodded in return. Monari turned her attention to a shadow behind Zelda.

"Grante, watch over the princess," Monari said before turning away, now heading towards the Goddess Statue. Zelda turned in surprise to see a young blonde-headed Sheikah standing behind her, his face confident yet nervous drops of sweat fell down his face. Grante's hands moved towards his bag, pulling out what seemed to be a grey Hylian Cloak.

"Put this on, quickly!" Grante said, shoving the cloak into Zelda's hands. The smoke was clearing even faster than before. Zelda quickly put the cloak around her shoulders as she lifted the hood over her long golden hair. Grante nodded as he grabbed her wrist, pulling her towards the Goddess Statue to join the rest of the village residents.

As the smoke cleared, the murmuring continued as the townsfolk awaited what was to come next.

"Now then..." the menacing voice called out. "Please direct your attention up towards me, if you people would..."

Zelda, along with the rest of the townsfolk, looked up to see three lanky looking bodies, two of them hanging off the Goddess Statue, one standing on top of the statue's head. The men wore thin, tight looking maroon colors as they held on tightly to their sickles. Zelda looked on towards the figure standing on top of the Goddess Statue, staring directly into the all too familiar white mask and upside down eye of the Yiga Clan. What were Yiga doing all the way out here in the Akkala Region?