Chapter 114: An Unbreakable Spirit

Kass bent down into the mud as the already heavy storm began to blow stronger. He took the girl lying unconsciously on the ground into his feathery arms before standing and looking back up into the thundering rain clouds above. Her hand had only glowed for a few seconds before it stopped and she collapsed. Lightning flashed, and he refused to remove his gaze from the sky.

I don't have a clue about what's happening, he thought. But this princess is counting on you. Please, Link. Return safely. She believes in you.

*    *    *    *    *

With the brightened blade in his hands, Link raised her skyward before swinging it Koshia's direction, sending a skyward strike his way. Before the divine slash could hit, its target disappeared in a puff of white smoke. Instantly, he dodged away before the monk reappeared above him, bringing the tip of his blade down to slash at the now void space where Link once was. Link jumped forward, bringing the blade down upon Koshia's head. The monk moved just in time as the tip scratched his cheek. In a puff of white smoke, he was gone once again.

In another puff, Koshia appeared before darting his way back across the floor, mimicking the movements of Thunderblight Ganon. Prepared, just as Koshia appeared before him, Link backflipped over the blade that was swung towards him. Time began to slow as he landed back on the flooring. Using the increased speed, he sped forward before the monk could teleport away. In a flurry rush, he slashed against the crippled body with incredible speed before jumping away. Link clicked his tongue. Decrepit as he was, the monk's skin felt as if it were harder than steel.

After recoiling from Link's attack, Maz Koshia teleported away in a puff, reappearing above the arena. There he stayed, floating above Link with his legs crossed.

I see your spirit has steeled itself. Most impressive.

In response, Link swung the Master Sword downward, flicking water off of it before raising it and pointing it towards Koshia. The monk hummed. His old palms began to glow blue just as they had before. He glided his arms around, the light trailing his palms as his fingertips came together. In a flash, he spread his arms out wide. His body began to glow blue as clones began to appear in a line in the air. Once formed, each one of them performed the same motions with glowing palms of their own before disappearing. Link furrowed his brow, ready for the barrage that was soon to follow.

He began jumping from left to right, avoiding the now endless amount of monk clones falling from the sky, each slamming the ground with a guardian sword as they landed. One after another they fell before finally, Link swung the Master Sword again, shooting another skyward strike towards the last monk that landed. Upon impact, the other monks disappeared, while the real Koshia fell back. In a matter of seconds, Link was already pushing forward, slashing against his tough skin before Koshia disappeared.

In another puff, all the clones surrounded him with their blades at the ready. They each darted towards him, however, with one great spin, all the monks were taken out, leaving the real Koshia by himself once again. After another flurry of attacks, Koshia disappeared until yet again, he materialized in the sky with the rest of his clones.

Link squinted, examining as many clones as he could. His eyes grew wide as he realized the curved items that appeared in their hands. Each monk pulled back the string to their bows as the flames of their fire arrows began to burn brightly. With only a moment to spare, Daruk's protection was up as the fire arrows rained down upon him. The arrows exploded into fiery balls all at once, shattering the orange shield that revolved around Link.

That's two, Link thought to himself as all the Koshias landed and scattered around him before randomly darting forward to attack. He easily dodged one after the other, slashing their backs causing them to vanish into puffs of smoke. One protection left. Fourth Hidden Skill: Helm Splitter.