Chapter 80: Zelda's Scheme

"The Yiga?" Link asked, his Gerudo Voe armor shining a bit in the sunlight that showed in sectioned rays through the tree leaves. The rustling of tree leaves filled the air as winds blew around them, the soft patter of rabbit-like steps filling the ambience as the glowing animals ran around the two figures at a safe distance. The Sheikah, standing a few paces before the Hylian knight, nodded.

"He said he was the last remaining one that wasn't captured," Dorian said, stroking the spiky sides of his beard. "Besides me. He asked me where you and the Princess were headed off too, but I stayed silent. He began to get angry, spouting nonsense about how you and Princess Zelda will pay for your crimes against Master Kohga and Calamity Ganon."

"Sounds like the usual nonsense," the knight said, crossing his arms with an unimpressed look. "Is it just the one?"

"Sounds like it," Dorian said. "From what I've heard, you've captured the rest of them. Still though, he doesn't seem normal. At least for Yiga terms he doesn't."

"Not normal... how?" Link asked slowly. "You don't mean he had malice, do you?"

"No, not from what I could tell," Dorian said, waving the idea away. "But, he seemed more crazy than even Kohga. Deranged."

"And what happened when you didn't say anything?" the knight asked curiously.

"I told him to beat it," Dorian said simply before shrugging. "I would have fought him to try and capture him, but he ran off. I guess I'm getting older."

"Well, I'll just have to keep an eye out," Link said coolly, seemingly glancing around the forest casually. Though his demeanor was calm and collected, his blue eyes filled with concentration as he looked through the calm flowing leaves. "How long ago did you see him?"

"About a week ago, honestly," Dorian said. "It was right after you had left with the princess after her haircut."

"Right... Impa did cut her hair after all of that," Link said, losing a bit of his concentration to the memory of the day Zelda had cut her hair. While the new look definitely suited her, he couldn't help but always be reminded of that day she had cut it and the reason as to why. "Dorian... why couldn't Zelda hear this?"

"I mean, more for your sake really," Dorian answered. "I've heard stories as to how... brash the princess could be. I figured I'd pass the information to you first. It could be part of your next trial for all we know."

Link sighed at the sound of that, still looking around the forest for any sign of a stocker in their mist. "I can't argue that. It very well could be part of the trial, or its just a spare Yiga that got away," he said before taking a deep breath. He really couldn't tell what was what anymore. "Still... I was a bit harsh on her. I've just got a lot on my mind, a lot to handle-"

"No need to explain to me, Hylian Champion," Dorian said, waving his hand in dismissal. "I know what it's like having to hide things of importance. My family still doesn't know my history. There are just some things you keep to yourself until you're ready. But...  you need to make sure they feel loved."

"Feel loved..." Link muttered, placing his hands on his hips. "Yeah. I need to make sure I don't distance myself too far."

"Or maybe, not at all?" Dorian said questionably. However, Link frowned.

"I... may need some distance. I dunno," he said, scratching the back of his head. "I just... I'm going through a lot right now."

"Well, I trust your judgement," Dorian said, closing his eyes and nodding as he folded his arms. The large Sheikah stretched before turning, beginning to head towards the elongated wooden bridge that crossed over a small river to the clearing they stood in. "Well, I'm going to head back.  I hope you can clear that last one for us."