The Girl Everyone Loves (p.t 3)

You went along with C/m/n's plan, helping her cook dinner, keeping quiet so he didn't know that you were downstairs, when you heard him running down the stairs again, you ducked under the bench.

C/m/n opens the cupboard behind you discreetly telling you to get in, you do so, struggling not to laugh.

"Did you get her KitKat?" His mother questions.
"Yep, her favourite of course.' He tried on a smile, but it wasn't as bright due to his nerves.
"You'll be just fine, good luck." C/m/n hugs him as he gives her a kiss.

"Dinner smells great, I'm looking forward to it," C/n says ruffling up his sister's hair before rushing out the door. As the front door closes behind him you burst out of the cupboard a few seconds later, laughing with the other two at the top of your lungs.

You didn't have much time, his mother finished up dinner, setting the table for two with candles and flowers to make it special, you could tell she was a romantic. She served the food, putting a metal cover over them to keep them warm.

She takes you upstairs to C/n's room, the smell of his cologne overwhelming you as you step in. She smiles as you look around, taking in everything that was C/n. His mother opens up the wardrobe letting you pick out his clothes. You choose, a pair of black jeans, a white button-up shirt and a long black coat.

You'd seen him in that combination before and that day your legs had melted out from under you, you lay it out on his bed before heading back downstairs, thanking your past self for wearing a cut black dress to school that day.

C/n arrived at your door, nerves rattling his body as he knocks on the door.

"Hello? Can I help you?" Your mother answered the door much as his had.

"Hi, I'm C/n I'm here to see Y/n?" He tried to hide the shake in his voice.

"Oh, um I'm sorry but she's over at your house..." Your mother furrows her brow, "Did you not bump into her?"

"uh no, thank you for that... I have to... go see what's going on." C/n stumbled down your stairs, your mother watching him as he sprints down the street and back to his house, crashing through the front door he comes to a halt as he enters the dining room.

His eyes flicker over the table set for two for a single second before becoming stuck to you, same dress as you wore all day but with red lipstick and your hair had been brushed, you stood by the table, smiling awkwardly as he stares.

"How long have you been here?" He huffs. "What is this?"
"Dinner for two..." You hum.

"Right... okay... so many questions... give me a second." He dashes up the stairs, the door to his mother's room locked and the tv turned up, he hears a small giggle.
"Evil." He hisses at them before entering his room. He huffs out a laugh at the clothes knowing that the whole thing was planned out.

He changed into them, fixing his hair and looking into his mirror, he smirked picking up the chocolate and heading back downstairs, although his heart was racing he was calmer now.
"Hi." He gleams his eyes once again scanning you.

"Hi." You smile giggling. He makes his way closer, the two of you sitting down at the table.
"I um... I got you some chocolates to say thank you." He hands you over the KitKat bar.
"You didn't have to do that, I'm sorry about today." You gulp, smiling at the KitKat.

"It's okay, people are willing to do anything for you." He smirks, you two fall into silence.

"So, to answer your question... I was here for about 30 minutes before you got back from the grocery store." You smirked timidly.
"R-really? You heard everything?" His face goes pale and red all at once.
"Yeah..."
"And you were alone with my mum?!" He exclaims.
"Yeah." You laugh.

"I'm so sorry for everything she said... oh god, she can be so embarrassing sometimes..."
"She's pretty cool."

"I mean don't get me wrong I love her and all but she can't help herself and-"
"C/n shut up..." You stop him from rambling. "It's extremely flattering that I'm your topic of conversation all the time." You teased.

C/n buried his face in his hands, unsure if he was going to melt into the floor or evaporate.

"It hurts that you think I don't like you." You continue talking watching as his hands slowly moved from his face.

"You never... you never talk to me..." He mumbles.
"Every time I see you I freeze C/n, that's why I run... I don't know how to talk to you." You reach over the table, offering your hand, he takes it. "It seems to be a lot easier than I thought."

"I really like you Y/n." He whispers.
"I know... you're mother knew how to make my tea... it was kind of obvious at that point." You laugh and he cringes.

"You have no idea how relieved I am that you don't completely hate me." He pushes up from his seat, rounding the table and kisses you before you can respond, your lips move in sync, your world and future falling into place in a single moment.

"I love you." He whispers, your cheeks in his hands. 

Sorry that this is late. Chaotic few weeks going on right now. 

Thank you for reading. I dedicate this chapter to sydmme , who was so lovely and requested a third part for this.

On this note let me know if you have a request!!!

I have Character aesthetics going up on TikTok, go check them out!!! My handle is BreiBumbleBee

I hope your day/night is crushilious. 

~Brei