Target Practice (p.t 2)

You hadn't been to school in weeks. You teachers were worried when your parents literally couldn't tell them if you were okay or not. The police had even visited at one stage for a welfare check and to warn your parents that if you didn't return that you'd have to go to juvey.

Of course, you were then forced to go back to school. You'd locked yourself up in your room with book after book on cupid that you'd borrowed from the library and spent every waking moment researching. The coffee machine you got for your birthday had suddenly become more of a necessity in your room then it had before, and food and sleep were pleasures you barely came across.

Your phone had been turned off in the time that you had been gone as you didn't want any distractions from what you were studying. You switched it on placing it on your desk as you read over your notes again, toothbrush hanging from your mouth.

"So... today's the day." His silky voice echoed through your head, Cupid had become an increasing pain the butt as he insisted on sticking around you but never helped you with any of your niggling questions or theories.

But you'd done it all on your own now.

"Yeah." You nod confidently, fear still hinting in your eyes ever so slightly.

"Good luck." His heart eyes bore into yours.

"I don't need it." You pulled on your shiny red doc martens amused by the sound of your phone exploding with messages.

"I know..." Cupid sighs. "I just want you to know that I know I've been difficult over the past few weeks but... it's for your own good." He smiles halfheartedly.

"I figured... I'll see you around." You hinted for him to leave and he nodded disappearing from your room as per usual. You picked up your phone instantly shoving it in your pocket when you saw there were hundreds of messages from C/N.

"No time for chit chat." You smirk making your way to school, like you'd never left.

When you arrived, people stared and the was something you were expecting but paid no mind to. No, you had a destination and that's where you were going. C/N's eyes caught yours from all the way down the hall, but he didn't move toward you, watching in fear as you stormed toward him and his girlfriend.

You stopped a foot from the two of them.
"Have I congratulated you two on your relationship... no... great... just wanted to check." You swiped over their eyes and your own, revealing the pairing arrows to the two of them. "What's that saying... Dear Cupid, hit us both next time... fuck Cupid I'll do it myself." You growl, using gloves with cherry blossom fibres in them to roughly pull the arrows form their chests just as you had calculated the arrows came clean out, disintegrating in your hands. The two of them fell to the ground and just as you were about to plunge your hand into C/N's chest again with an arrow you had carved, initialed and dipped in Cupids blood (not easy to do, he never stays still), you heard the smallest cry.

"Thank god..." C/N whispered before rising to his knees and wrapping his arms around you, resting his head on your stomach. "Thank god..." he started to cry.

"C/N..." You gulped, you breathing increasing in pace.

"I love you..." He sobbed staining your dress with tears. "I love you!" He chokes on his words.
"What?" You knotted your fingers in his hair turning his head to look at you... "What?" You questioned again.
"I love so much..." Tears fall from his eyes. "I couldn't... I couldn't say it... I was trapped with her, knowing I loved you..." He shook. "I studied just like you... but I never had a chance to do anything like the gloves because I got shot again..." C/N holds you tighter. "He didn't miss... he skimmed my shoulder and the smallest bit got stuck under my skin... but it doesn't matter because I've loved you with and without it.

You dropped to your knees wrapping yourself around him, breathing in his scent. He pulls back just enough for your lips to meet. You melt into him, every atom of his being pressing passion into the kiss and you returned it with all the strength that you had.

"Here I am thinking I'm a terrible aim and all this time I actually hit them both." Cupid whispers to himself down the hall, a smile pressed to his face as he watches the show from afar. "No target practice needed." He said proudly, leaving the lovesick couple to their own devices as he moved onto the next unsuspecting couple.