Christmas Chaos

It really was beginning to feel a little too much like Christmas. The special day of the year was creeping up on you and you weren't ready, like every other year previously. You had friends and family to buy presents for, a meal to plan for yourself to bring to dinner and no time to spare for homework.

You were currently at the mall, buying as many presents as you could handle the thought of wrapping, you moved through the isles of Target, head bowed forward from the combined exhaustion of the length of time you'd been there as well as the hundreds people surrounding you. 

Yes, you had left it all till Christmas Eve, eve, eve.

"Fancy bumping into you here." A vague voice spoke to you but you didn't pay it much mind due to the fact that you had actually managed to pull off being half awake and half asleep. "Y/n?" They tapped your shoulder. 

You shook your head, bursting up right at the sound of your name rolling off his tongue. 

"C/n?" You queried, stopping your walking to face him. You questioned why he had to be around now, when you were in comfortable shopping close and a hard do that made you look like you were housing rats.

"That's my name." He smiles. "Looks like someone left Christmas a little late." He looked around you to your trolley. 

"Yeah..." You huff before a realization hit you. "You can't be here." You hissed. "Shit, you stay there, I'm just gonna... bye." You dashed from his line of sight, buying the few things in your trolley before leaving the shopping mall completely.

Only once you had your bags packed into your car, did you sigh a breathe of relief. 

"If I didn't know better I'd believe that either I'm ugly and you can't stand the sight of me, highly unlikely." A voice to your side caused you to jump out of your skin. "Or you're hiding something..." He narrows his eyes. 

"Cheesus," You cursed. 

"Cheesus?" He questions.
"Leave me alone." You scowled. "Yes, you are incredibly ugly." You bite. 

"Ouch." He feigns hurt before pushing off his car, strolling toward you. "Is there, by any chance, a present in that car... that may or may not be for little old me?" He slowed his words, his chest rising and falling deliberately as he toward over you, one arm rested on the car behind your head. 

"Nope." You managed though you struggled to breath.
"Well then, I'll just have to take yours back before the store closes..." He smirks, you were so dazed by the position the words didn't sink in. "I believe it's tradition." He gestures with his eyes to look above you.

You had to park in the one spot.  

Your local shopping mall were somewhat cliché, go to the extent that they tied a mistletoe above random car parks for couples or friends who were shopping, just as you had been. You shook your head, reaching into your pocket before reaching up to the mistletoe and setting it alight, in turn setting off the sprinklers. 

You got in your car, driving out of the carpark, leaving C/n by himself, soaking wet and eating his self-assured ego. You held a smile on your face until you were approximately halfway home and stopped at a red light.

"HE GOT ME PRESENT!" You yelled at the top lungs to yourself. "C/n fucking C/LN got me a present... never... he's teasing me... but what if he's not... I guess it will even out mine but what if it is..." You worked yourself into a panic. 

You pulled over, quickly wrapping his present in the back of your car before turning around and driving to his house, surprised to find he had only just made it home, his clothes still soaking wet. 

"Excuse me C/n C/Ln did you say you had gotten me a present?!" You blared as he approached the house. 
"You know, I expected this reaction but not at my house, at night, after you burned a mistletoe, very grinchy by the way and left me to get soaked." He crossed his arms. 
"Don't do that to me then." You threw your arms around. 
"Do what to you?" He quirked an eyebrow. 

"Be all hot and suave!" You burst 

"Did you just admit that you think I'm hot?" He stepped closer a satisfied smirk on his face. 
"Yes! C/n C/LN, did you or did you not say you got me a present!? If so... did you?" You whispered the last part, out of breath. 

"Yes, I did, to both." He answers.

"Okay." You huffed, grabbing the present from your bag, smacking it into his chest, grabbing his neck, pulling him into a harsh kiss before getting back in you car.

"Fuck!" You swore as you made it to your drive. "What the fuck did I just do!?" You cursed yourself. You made your way upstairs putting your presents aside before collapsing into your pillow, wishing you hadn't just kissed your unrequited crush. 

He sat on his bed, legs crossed, music playing, warm white Christmas lights glowing against his skin, simply staring at the wrapped gift you had handed him. He was attempting to process everything that had just taken place and why you were so surprised that he got you a gift.

But perhaps, it was for the same reason, he was shocked that you had got him one.

So, he stared, his heart swelling every time he thought of you, thinking of him as you chose a present.

So many questions unanswered, the main one being...

What the hell just happened?

Two updates in one day, I know, shocking stuff (It might be three soon ;D). Merry Christmas Eve, Eve, Eve, Eve ... I think that's right, to you all.

Part 2??? If so it will be up soon.

And a new years one as well?

Anyway, I hope your day/night is totally tubular!

~Brei