His Crush (P.t 1)

"You're drooling again." You spoke flatly to C/N who stared across the hall. He didn't respond to your comment, which meant that your day would be painfully slow as he'd talk about her all day. You were used to it, watching your crush and best friend dream of another woman and use you to get things off his chest. "Do you even blink when you look at her?" He doesn't answer your question.

"Oh by the way, I know someone who is completely in love with you." You try to get his attention, a fact that was true and in any other circumstance something he would have wanted to hear. Yet he didn't answer.

You huffed walking down the hall to the canteen where you ate your lunch alone considering how perhaps you could have your best friend back. You know he was in love and wouldn't ever return your feelings, but you couldn't lose him as a best friend.

Eventually he joined you, but you left almost instantly as you went to your next class, not wanting to be disrupted while you thought over your plan. You were 'friends' with E/N and you supposed you'd put up with her for an hour or so to do some digging.

The day ended you sprinted out the front catching up to her before she could leave. She turned to you with a kind smile and gave you a hug.
"Hey sweetie, what can I do for you?" She smiled sweetly.

"I just need a girls night so I was thinking maybe I could come over to yours, we can do our nails, gossip a bit." You put on your fluffy cotton candy voice.

"Of course, darling, get in." She tapped the top of her car. You caught a glimpse of C/N staring at the two of you in confusion. He knew you despised her, so this was alarming to him.

E/N drove you to her house and the two of you went up to her room giggling about random things at school. She turned on some music and got out her nail polish.

"I'm doing you first." She grinned, taking your hand and placing it on her knee.

"Ok!" You agreed brightly. You had already broken into the gossip in the car, just enough so you could bring this subject up instantly. "So, how's the love life?" You winked cheekily at her. She giggled hideously before biting her lip.

"I have a secret... can I trust you." She gets distracted from your nails.
"Of course!" You leaned in.

"Okay, so there's this guy." The two of you stopped to scream in excitement. "And I really like him but you have to promise not to get to protective." The direction this was going in felt bittersweet.
"Pinkie swear... hang on." You pick up your phone and look at the 20 message you'd received since you left with E/N. Every one of them was from C/N asking where you were.

"Okay, go on." You turned your phone off. "I promise." You leaned your chin on your hand.
"He's got C/E eyes and H/L H/C hair..." She teased.
"Tell me already!" You weren't sure if it had come across sweet or demanding.
"It's C/N, He's so cute! I love him so much." You heart hit the bottom of your stomach as you freaked out with her. This is what you wanted.

"I have to tell you something too!" You screeched. "He likes you too. You have to date him, but don't tell him I told you!" She erupted with excitement.

Before the two of you could say anything else, you were interrupted by a knock on the door.
"E/N, you there?" It was C/N. She gushed fixing herself up before turning to you for approval of her look.

"One more button." You undid a button on her shirt while trying to hold back tears.

She ran down the stairs and you followed closely behind but out of sight. She opened the door and C/N melted as soon as his eyes met hers. Her cheeks were bright pink.

"Is Y/N..." He was cut off by E/N smashing her lips against his. He was shocked at first before he eased into it, taking charge. She pulled him inside before pushing him onto the couch. A tear ran down your cheek as you went back to her room and listened to the sounds that came from downstairs.

You climbed out the window and walked home, you heart shattered, your cheeks stained with tears. The next few weeks you saw even less of him than you had before they dated, he was always with her, at school, at home, all weekend. Kissing, holding hands, her sitting in his lap and hugging all the time. And you started feeling nothing as you held all your secrets and emotions inside.

You walked home in the rain one day, your tears blending in with the rain drops. You held yourself together but froze as you heard a voice ... his voice.

"Hey Y/N, I'm coming to yours at 5." Your sadness turned to anger in a split second, and you exploded.

...