Blue (Slushies P.t.2)

"You know that's not good for you right?" A voice hums from behind you. 

You almost wanted to ignore his words for you could feel your throat strangle your voice 

"What's not good for me is someone sneaking up behind me..." You spun around, doing your best to cross your arms whilst still drinking your slushy. 

"Blue food coloring isn't good for you." He huffs a laugh at your words, taking the drink from your hand. 

"Hey." You grumbled, you swore if he wasn't so goddamn handsome he'd have copped it. 

"What ya gonna do about it?" He teased. 

"Even Bff/n cops it when she steals my food." 

"This." Shakes the cup in front of your face. "Is not food. This, is poison." He throws it in the bin, handing you five bucks to make up for the money you spent on it. "Get something that won't kill you in 20 years time yeah?" He questions before he disappears in the crowd, leaving you with weak knees. 

"God I hate him." You growl to yourself, despising the way he just showed up and disappeared with ease, as if it didn't matter whether you were present in his life or not. Slightly ticked off by your emotions, you did the only reasonable thing. 

You tracked down the bluest food option you possibly could find in at the carnival and disappointingly found herself using your own money to buy it. You couldn't bring yourself to waste his money on something he was so determined about. 

You could see Blue coloring becoming the only criteria for comfort food. 

You were fairly certain that slushies had to have the most amount of coloring in it over anything else considering that's what made it the violent shade of blue it was. C/n wasn't wrong, it looked deadly. 

But the cupcake you currently had taken hold of was somehow richer in the blue color than the slushy, it would blend in with the deepest part of the ocean. It even dyed your finger tip when you touched the icing with hesitance. 

Your peaceful stroll was interrupted as one of the fire twirlers lost control of their baton. You close your eyes as it came flying for you, your flight or flight instincts telling you to freeze. An arm wrapped around your front, yanking you back from your spot as the fire hit the grass. 

"Gee Y/N, can't take you anywhere." His voice whispered in your ear, his chest huffing against your back. You couldn't see through one eye, due to the impact having caused your cupcake to smoosh again your face.

"Sorry." The fire twirler apologized, C/n ignored them, turning you around to face him, he chucked the cupcake aside before trying to wipe away some of the icing off your face. "Why do you refuse to listen to me Y/n?" He rasped, a patch of your skin stained blue. 

"Because it pisses me off that I want to listen to every single thing you say to me." You blurt, adrenaline lining your system due to nearly becoming a piece of toast. "You're so damn attractive and I want to kiss you every time we talk, I just want to stop thinking about you and your stupid face, can you make that happen?" You questioned but didn't give him the chance to answer. "Please." The one word stopped him from speaking for a moment. 

His hands were warm against your skin, the pads of his thumbs moving over the arch of your cheeks. Your chest was pressed against his, C/n persistent on keeping you close after what just took place. 

"Perhaps if your lips weren't so blue I would kiss you right now..." He whispers, his breath warming your face, filling your nose with the smell of peppermint. 

"Perhaps if you didn't always smell like peppermint I wouldn't want to kiss you so badly." You responded, voice weaker than his. 

"I'll make you a deal." He moves closer, swallowing deeply. "Stop being so blue and I'll always smell like peppermint." His nose brushes against yours. "Then I can kiss you as many times as I've wanted to and you'll never reject."

"That sounds like more of a deal for your benefit." 
"Maybe I'm being selfish, I can change that." He leans forward little more, the bow of your lips touching. "Deal?" 
"Deal." You choke. 

He presses his lips to your own, the two of you easing into it, his hands never loosening their needy grip on you. He could taste the cupcake on your lips and suddenly the colour blue was the furthest thing from his mind. All he could think about was you. 

If you knew that, you would have known that revenge tasted sweet. Now he knew how you had been feeling. 

"Finally." You heard two voices speaking from your side, the two of you break apart, laughing at bff/n's and her new friends sudden appearance. "In the two thousand minutes it actually took your guys to kiss I caught him up on your entire history." 

You could only laugh harder, your cheeks flushing red which contrasted the stain of blue on your eye. 
"Blue suits you." C/n whispered before the four of you headed back out into the crowd. 

~

Hello! I hope you have been enjoying the updates this week. 

This part was a bit different... as in it was a follow on from the last story but from a different perspective.... hopefully that makes sense. 

I believe you could read this as a standalone though. 

I hope your day/night is super fresh like peppermint.

~Brei