Stood Up (p.t.2)

"I cannot lie, I was beginning to get a bit worried. The waiters were starting to look at me strangely." You admit, continuing to play along. 
"I could never." He shakes his head. "And I meant it by the way, you really are gorgeous." 
"Thank you." Your smile is genuine, cheeks tinting pink.

"I uh, got you something, ya know, considered buying flowers but... ya know that's just boring." He hands you a bag of cotton candy causing you to crack up with laughter. 
"Ya know, I was just saying to my closest friend today that I could go with some cotton candy." You smile. 
"Yeah, guess I just read your mind." He matches your expression. 

The two of you have dinner, chatting like you normally would, though a touch of freshness to it as you pretend you have no idea about the other person. Three coffees go by after food and it's early hours of the morning. 

It's just how the two of you worked. You were fairly sure neither of you were getting sleep anytime soon. 

"You know, Y/n, I'm enjoying myself and I was just wondering if perhaps you'd like to go for a walk with me?" He questions and you nod without hesitation. 
"You know, my friends will be concerned that I've been kidnapped and murdered." You look up at him, knowing that's exactly why he had shown up in the first place. Bff/n had obviously fallen asleep before she told him that you were fine. 

"Oh yeah? Well, I promise not to murder you." His smile becomes goofy as he nudges your arm as you walk. 
"So you're going to kidnap me?" You look up at him with a soft pout. 
"I might not be able to help myself, especially when you look at me like that." He exhales, thinking it over. "I might just have to scoop you up." He lifts you off your feet, spinning you around. "And take you home with me." Your laughter pierces the quiet city skies. He places you back on your feet, hand remaining in yours. 

"Hm, I don't think I should do that to you." You respond, piquing his curiosity. 

"What do you mean? 'Do that to me'?" He quirks a brow as you walk. 
"Oh, my friends would kill you. Plain and simple." You shrug. "Yeah, they're pretty protective. I'm lucky in that way." 
"Mmm, I think they might be lucky to have you." He argues. "What are they like? Good people? Murderers? I need to know what I'm getting myself into." 
"That's a confident statement. Who says I'm keeping you around." You shove him lightly. 

"Ouch. I thought this was going well." He chuckled.
"We'll see. They're fantastic." You begin to describe them. "I don't know what I'd do without them. In fact, you know, if you had stood me up, I know one of them would have shown up, pretended to be you, and made my night even better than ever was going to be." 
"I'm sure they'd be glad to know that." He smiles meekly. 
"You know, at this point, you might as well walk me home." 
"But your car?" He questions, though he knew you left it at the diner often. The owners didn't care, you were one of their best customers. 

"Never mind the car, we're a block away from my apartment building." You continue walking, taking a left to continue on your path home. 
You continue chatting, hand in hand, you slightly leaning against him as you walk. Eventually, you made it to your doorstep where you turned to face him. 

"This has been great but I'm afraid it's just not going to work out." You said it straight, trying to ignore the slight hurt in his eyes. You hadn't any idea that he had planned to try and kiss you goodnight.

But you had stopped that before it could happen.
"I think you're going to have to give me a good reason not to kiss you right now." And yet he found confidence in the act. 

"As tempting as that offer is, my reason is all too good." You sigh. "You see. I'll give you the same talk I gave the guy who showed up before you, claiming to be my blind date." C/n's eyes show the realization that you had not, in fact, been stood up. 

"And what's that?" 
"I don't want to go out on blind dates, my friend just set me up and I love her for it but truth be told I'm already in love with someone." 
"What...?" C/n's voice drops to a whisper. 
"You see, my other best friend, I've known him for what, six years now, and over that time, I've fallen head over heels for that man. He's my best friend and he's always there for me. So, I've decided, I'm going to find out if he feels the same way." You nod your head. "Hopefully I see him soon. It was fantastic spending time with you." You wink before heading inside. 

You wait for 20 minutes, hoping that you have not just ruined everything. That he would show up at your doorstep. When 30 minutes came around, you got impatient. 
So you left for his house. Running for your life because you just couldn't stand the thought of holding back anymore. 

You barely made it down the hallway before C/n appeared at the top of the stairs. His eyes met yours immediately. 
"A little birdy told me I should come over." He huffs before he takes your face in his hands and kisses you full on the lips. 

He holds you as close as he can, taking every kiss he can get.

Needless to say, you were never "stood up" again.

~
Heyo! Not my favorite part, not my least favorite. I think it's pretty cute. 
Anyway. 

I hope your day/night is fluffy like this part. 

See you in the next part!
~Brei