Got Lost In The Game

How cruel could humans be? That was your only question right now. Tiktok was taking over the world and that wasn't a bad thing... not in your opinion, but in the wrong hands, hell broke loose. 

The new trend was Britney Spears song 'Opps... I did it again.' Guys at your school were using girls to get famous on Tiktok. They 'dated' them, only to reveal they were playing with their hearts. 

It all started with C/n. You were ashamed that someone you liked could play such a cruel trick on someone. He had done it three times and girls were still falling for it. 

And now it seemed as if you were the new target to his games. You were prepared for this. You knew he thought of you as a gullible idiot. But you had plans of your own. 

"He's coming over..." Your best friend warned you as you ate. You forced yourself not to look, a smirk on your face as he strides over to you, looming over your shoulder. 

"Hey, dollface." He charms, the nickname something every girl would fall for when it came from him. "How are things?" He questions, looking down at your math homework. You hadn't quite answered the question when he stole your pencil and put in the answer you had in your head. 

"H-hey C/n." You forced a stutter. "Pretty good." You giggle obnoxiously, he squints at you. 

"Well, I just wanted to come over and you this." He pulls a sunflower. "For you... if you go to the prom with me?" He questions, quirking your eyebrow. 

You couldn't help but think this was his biggest stunt yet but yours was bigger. You widen your eyes, filling them with sadistic joy, you jump up and hug him and you feel the vibrations of his laugh.

C/n laughing... that wasn't normal. 

You hadn't seen him laugh in months. 

"Good. Well, I'll see you later princess." He smirks, handing you the flower and kissing your cheek. 

Princess was new too. You shrug as he disappears around the corner. 

"This is going to be epic." Your friend sighed from behind you. She had been his first victim. 

Three nights later, it was prom night, over the last three days, you had received gifts, ranging from a necklace to a ukelele... which was something you didn't think he knew about you. 

Putting that aside you had been acting as lovestruck as ever. You kept going because every time you looked at your friends face, you remember her broken expression when she climbed up to your window that night C/n revealed his trick. Her tears, the tears of other females. 

So you stood at your door, in a F/c dress, hair curled into a beautiful waterfall. Your best friend had gone with her date already and when C/n rocked up on his motorcycle, you felt both a pang of guilt and a laugh rise up your throat. 

He held your hand as you got on, trying to be as elegant as possible with your dress on. You kissed his cheek as you slipped on and he handed you another sunflower. The ride there was amazing, the window slightly messing up your hair and something felt right about holding him. 

You ignore that feeling. 

You laugh as he pulls up in front of your school, helping you off the bike. 

"Shall we princess?" He smiles, his eyes alight as he bows.

"We shall." You take his hand, going with him inside. You go straight to the dance floor,  all eyes on you as you do so. 
"You look especially stunning tonight Y/n." You clench your teeth at his comment. 

"And you as devilishly handsome as ever." You weren't lying, after all this was still your crush. You danced for an hour or so, had a drink and laughed your ass off as you talked. You had forgotten for a moment what was about to happen when your cue song came. 

He pulled you close to him, his hand naturally falling on the small of your back. You rest your head on his chest. The room started to back away from you, leaving you and C/n in a large circle of watching eyes. He hadn't even noticed. 

"Y/n I have something to tell you..." Your heart sank and any guilt you had left because you knew what he was about to say, you had heard it before. 

"Me first..." You blurt. You face your friend who had successfully taken over the music system. She smiled widely as she hit play of the trending Tiktok soundtrack. 

"Oops... I did again." You pushed away from him, the whole auditorium sang with you. "I played with your heart, got lost in the game. Oops, you think I'm in love... that I'm sent from above..." 

You swallow the guilt and smile as C/n stands there, blinking slowly, trying to bite back the tremble his lip. His shoulders slumped. 

"I'm not that innocent." You delivered the last line by your self, everyone now too preoccupied with filming it. Too most it felt victorious as he stormed from the room. 

But your heart was breaking and you didn't know why.

Part 2?

I hope your day isn't horrible.

~Brei