Songs In Your Head

Writing songs is what you did. You were good at it and people knew that. It had gotten to the point that every week the school newsletter requested you write some lyrics going with someone's name. 

People couldn't get their names in fast enough, some of them wanted a song to sing to a friend or family, and others wanted to have their own personal song. 

C/n had complete other intentions, he needed a song for Y/E/N. His voice was amazing, it made you melt every time you heard it let alone when he sang. You two had drama and choir together which most of the time lead to you working with him to write a song. 

This time he put all his trust in you. All his trust for you to write your crush a song about his crush. 

You had to do it for him, you'd do almost anything for him that was a fact but as you sat at your desk trying to form and melody and lyrics, nothing came to mind other than how much you wanted to sing him a song. 

So that's what you did, you wrote a song about him but didn't specify gender, and instead of his name, you put hers, singing it made you sick to your stomach when you swapped the lyrics around but at least the piece was comprehendible. 

Knowing C/n he would probably want to do this in front of as many people as possible and soon enough the entire school would be waiting for the two of them to date each other and be the new hit couple of your high school. 

It was 1 am when you finished the song off and you fell asleep at your desk. When you woke you rushed around trying your best to look decent before you raced to school so you could be there early and give C/n his lyrics before class.

You darted down the hallway catching up to C/n who was currently talking to your best friend. 

"C/n?" You smile as you go to hand him the lyrics. You're eyes creep over his shoulder as you spy E/n and Y/b/f/b snogging in front of everyone. C/n went to look and you did the first thing you thought of to stop him. 

You grabbed him by the shoulders and smashed his lips into yours, your chest sinking inward as you realized what you were doing and you couldn't but want to deepen it but you knew you couldn't. C/n pulled you back, trying to read your expression as to why you had done that. 

"Why did I do that?" You asked yourself the same question as you could have just let him find out instead of distracting him, that was the right thing to do so he wasn't going to humiliate himself later. But it was your natural instinct to protect his feelings.

You turned and as he was about to say something, not turning back as you went back to your house and hid under your quilt cover, scared of what the world was saying whilst you weren't around. 

You didn't think you'd come out from under the covers ever because you knew what your school was like, word got around like wildfire and C/n was still going to sing to Y/E/N and that simply left you as the girl who ruined her friendship with C/n whilst showing she liked him and failing to let him know that the girl he was actually into wasn't into him back. 

Yet when you returned to school a couple of days later, something happened that you'd never experienced before...

but it was about time.

Sorry if this one is dodgy! But I still hope you enjoyed it! 

I hope your day is songtastic!

~Brei