What Happens Under The Mistletoe...

You were at your mothers annual Christmas party, sitting in the corner of the room, watching all of your relatives and friends mingle and talk about their favourite part of the holiday. You however, weren't in the mood. 

Today, you had answered the door, to your childhood crush, with a smile on your face, heart pounding as you looked him over, how he had changed over the year but broken due to arm wrapped around another woman's waist.

When you say childhood crush, you more meant someone you had been in love with since you were approximately fourteen years old, friends for longer than that, but as friendships do the two of you had drifted apart... now here he was. 

His hand never leaving her waist, sometimes pulling her closer as he introduced her everyone, the only person who sent looked straight over to you when he did so being your aunty, who you had trusted with your secret.

You moped, understandably when they seemed so happy together, that's all you wanted for him but it didn't mean that it hurt less. It was making a Grinch out of you. 

His eyes had glanced over to you constantly over the spanning hours of the party, never once had you noticed, though you kept an eye on them, you were too solemn to stare. 

You were you, the one he had always known and every year his chest grew heavier watching you, especially when you smiled. Which you hadn't done since he arrived. 

He wondered why...

Why you looked as if you were about to cry, why you held your glass so tightly and more importantly why you hadn't talked to him once that evening. He was going to get answers, how, from who? He didn't care.

... 

"I'll be back in a moment dear." He let go of his girlfriend, following you around a quieter corner where you had gone to compose yourself. 

"Y/n?" He asked, causing your fists to curl into balls, why now? Why when you were on the verge of tears after seeing him kiss her cheek. "What's wrong?" 

"Nothing." You turned around sending him a scarily believable smile. "I'm fine, the noise just got to be too much." 

"Right..." It didn't feel right to him but he was too preoccupied by another thought to argue with you. "You're mum always finds away to make these partiers bigger than the last, hey?" 

"It's her specialty." You took a sip of your drink. "Anyway, I should get back, see you next year maybe." It was the most desperate small talk you had made, just to get away from him. 

"Screw it." He swore before yanking you into his body, your lips interlocking as his hand holds your jaw, guiding you to deepen the kiss in the first three seconds of it taking place. Your body melted into him but also screamed at you. 

"Mistletoe." He said before you could yell at him. "Now you know what it feels like to kiss me. This stays between us, under the mistletoe, now you don't have to wonder anymore." He reasoned as if he hadn't just given you the most soul shattering, hope installing kiss to ever exist. 

Without a second thought, your fist flew forward, punching him in the nose, thanking your mum for having so many guests and a live band so they didn't all hear his painful shriek. 
"Asshole." You spat as you passed him, tears finally escaping your eyes, you found your mother, said your goodbyes before taking a short stop at C/GF/N . 

"It was lovely meeting you tonight, say goodbye to C/n me." You smiled, giving her a hug and keeping up appearances, though she didn't deserve it, you could have socked her as hard as you did her boyfriend.

"Thank you, I will, if I can ever find him." She jokes with you before letting you go. 

You stepped out the front door, tears finally spilling from your eyes, guilt, hurt, hatred and devotion swelling in your chest, you barely made it three blocks from the house before collapsed in the gutter, crying into your knees.

Only one person could have told him and that killed you but not as much as he did. 
He pitied you. Kissed you so could move on from him.

It broke you...

But you wouldn't tell anyone

Because what happens under the mistletoe, stays under the mistletoe...

Okay... so  I may have just uploaded for the third time today.... I think Christmas is a dangerous time of year for me lol Too many cliché's to cover.

Part 2???

Apologizes for any mistake, I am very tired.

I hope your day/night is invigorating!

~Brei