Cat and Mouse Games

You'd check the calendar again and again. It wasn't April Fools, you were sure of it. So you didn't understand what the hell was going on. 
C/n was not normal today. He was different. 

Not just, didn't get enough sleep, the coffee store isn't open yet, the traffic was bad and people annoy me kind of different. 

This was concerning kind of different to you. 

The more you thought about it, the more that word became less of a word. Sitting at your desk, staring at your screen, you willed yourself to focus on your work but you couldn't. 

Usually, C/n would walk into the office in a T-shirt and jeans, flannel top making him look all the more innocent. His smile would be soft and his eyes ever welcoming. 

He'd place a coffee on your desk, meeting your eyes with a warm smile. "Good morning." He greet before wheeling his seat over to your desk so the two of you could discuss the day. 

Today, he walked in dressed in a button-up, sleeves rolled up around his biceps. His smile was more of a smirk and his jeans were tighter than you remember them ever being. 
"Morning Y/n/n." He uses your nickname, which he'd never done before. He sits on the edge of your desk, legs folded, hand resting in front of you to hold his weight as he leans toward you. 

That's when your eyes fell on the rings that adorned his fingers.  You swallow hard before meeting his stare, head angled as he observes you. 
"Come here." He beckons you closer with a glance. You moved toward him, he leaned down, breath tickling your ear, the warmth of it spanning across you're cheek. 

"You have no idea how much I want to rip those clothes off you right now." At this you cannot help your eyes from flaring, freezing in place as he walks back to his desk with a wink. 

When you had been telling him the week before that you wished guys would be more direct and confident in their approach, you weren't expecting this. Especially not from him. 

But your chemistry was undeniable. Everyone in the office could see it, including your best friend who sat three desks away from you. 

Your theory was that everyone was getting confused by the affection you had for him. He surely, could not feel the same way... and yet...

That statement spoke of a different story.

You had been sat staring at your computer screen since that point of time and that was an hour ago. You decided the only way to end this haze you were in was to take your morning break. Step away for a bit. 

You forgot, however, that the two of you usually sit and chat together at break times. And so you went to the roof for your break in hopes you may not be followed. 

"Running from me, darling?" C/n smirked appearing behind you. 

"Something like that." You told the truth. 

"What's wrong? Something on your mind?" He looms closer, and as you're already leaning against a wall, you have nowhere to go as he approaches you. He doesn't trap you in, this was still the C/n you knew, nothing about this was about trapping you. 

"You." 
"That's the way I like it." He lowers his voice an octave. "Now what are we going to do about it?" He leans in, one hand on the wall next to you, so he can get a little closer. 

When you don't answer, his thumb slides across your bottom lip, dragging it slightly under the pressure. 
"Come on Y/n/n, show me what you want." He rasps.

...

...

...

"What the hell is wrong with you?" You blurt before slapping a hand over your mouth. 

C/n's facade immediately melts away. 
"Oh my god, I'm so sorry. Did I take it too far? I was talking to Bff/n and she was telling me that I needed to be more dominant and I remembered you saying there was that character in that book you liked, so I read the book and he was super dominant so I thought, I'll just act like him... did I make you uncomfortable? I didn't mean to." C/n rambles, dropping to his knees in fear that he'd taken things a step too far. 

"God, you're dramatic." You giggle at his antics. "I thought you were possessed." 
Then you take in the sight, this man on his knees before you, the roof wet beneath him from the previous rain which was slowly coming back again. 

"You were so close C/n." You match his previous tone, two could play at this game, "But you see..." You ran your finger up his throat, leaving it under his chin to direct his stare to you. "I like my men on their knees." 

The rain began to pour and you left him where he was. 

~
Omgoodness, I did not see that coming out of the idea I had... Um... hopefully you guys like it...

part two? Let me know. 
I hope your day/night is thrilling darlings!
See you in the next part!

~Brei