You Don't Know Me (P.t 1)

It was that time of the year, the moment you'd been dreading since you heard about it in Grade 8, year 11 camp. You slung your backpack over one shoulder and held your duffel bag in the opposite hand. You walked along the road where the buses had pulled up smiling when your best friend ran up to you.

Although she was your best friend, she didn't stick around you that much, often you spent your time alone as she had so many extra activities and other friends that you just got you used to not being around. Most people didn't know you existed because you stuck to the sitting in the back corner of the class.

You hugged her before going to get in the closest bus.
"No, no, these are full... there's only two more seats for us, we're late." She laughs, pulling me to the bus at the front of the cue. She runs into it, giggling as she spots another girl she knew. She sat down next to her, leaving you to find your own seat.

As you walked up the aisle, you realised your seat was right up the back. Your breath caught in your throat as your eyes met a pair of electric C/E ones. You swallowed hard, breaking eye contact and taking your seat.

It was C/N C/L/N, he was the school's popular boy but not a typical one, he hated sport, he was creative. You wanted to deny the fact that like every other girl you had the biggest crush on him, but you couldn't.

He was gorgeous, the definition of an angel. Every time you heard his voice or saw him, you wished you could just melt into the floor. But as you continued hearing other girls and their plans to date him, you trained yourself not to like him.

As you sat next to him, you felt those feelings rising but pinched yourself to stop them in his tracks. You tried to concentrate on reading The Hating Games, but the burning sensation on your cheek started driving you insane.

"What?" You snapped, looking up at him.

"N-Nothing." He stuttered, and you had to stop your jaw from dropping. C/N was known for being smooth, never known to stutter.

"Well... stop staring." You forced yourself to be harsh.

You got 10 minutes of peace before you felt that gaze back on you.

"So... What you reading?" His legs bounced off the floor nervously.
"Read the cover." You spoke bluntly.
"Oh, Yeah, I love how his room and baby blue shirt is the same colour as her eyes, they were so happy." He blurted.

"Really! You just had to do that! FYI I wouldn't be reading the book if I knew how it ended!" I shouted, shoving the book into his lap, attracting the attention of everyone on the bus. They all went back to normal after I went back to reading.

"I'm s-s-sorry. I'm really sorry, I didn't think. Here, here read this, I haven't read it, so I can't ruin for you but then you can for me." He blurted handing you 13 reasons why. You take it cautiously beginning to read it, your heart racing from his reaction to you.

"So ... looking forward to camp?" You could practically hear him gulp.

"Why are you talking to me?!" You said not even looking up at him. "You don't even know who I am!" You finished.

"I um..." There was silence.

The rest of the trip was quiet as you fell headfirst into the book even though his words echoed in the back of your head. As the bus stopped you stood up but C/N rushed passed you, as he did, he tripped on his shoelace and you tried to catch him but instead fell on top of him. 

You rolled your eyes at the sight of his pink cheeks and calm smirk and got off him proceeding to follow the group around for a ground tour and lunch...

This was it... this was the place you had planned for...