What Happens Under The Mistletoe... (p.t 2)

A whole year had passed since you sat in the gutter, both steaming and sobbing at the previous events. No one had said a word about what had happened, though you and your aunt had spoken and made up for her rambling mouth.

She had also explained that he had come to her, concerned about you, he had picked up on your little signals and ultimately read you like a book. It comforted you to some point to know that at least there was some form of an instigator. 

You hadn't heard of or from C/n nor his girlfriends over the 365 days that had passed which caused your skin to seethe. Now, you stood in your mother's house, more powerful than ever, thanking him silently for what he did.

Because now you knew what it was like to kiss him and that had given you permission to move past. 

It all felt rather backwards.

You were entertaining your mother's guests, paying no mind to the eyes boring into the back of your head, he was with a different girl this year, his arm around her waist as he had the last. 

But his entire body was pointed at you, sorry and willing himself to talk to you. 

"You know, C/n told me about what happened last year." His grandmother had spoken to you as she spied him over her shoulder. "He was a complete douche to you." You couldn't help but smile at her words. 

"You aren't wrong." 
"He didn't mean to be of course." She excused. "But I'm not going to beg for your forgiveness, I work a little differently, I think he needs a taste of his own medicine." 
"What do you mean?" You questioned. 
"I mean..." She started. "He made a mistake by kissing you last year...." She continued to explain what she meant and at the moment, with the emotions still raw from the year before you thought it brilliant.

"What's got you so sour?" You questioned him standing at the top of the second-floor balcony, staring blankly at the room. 

"You." You hadn't expected him to be so honest.
"Is that right?" You hummed. "And why would that be?" 
"Because I screwed up." He huffed letting it all out. "I had been squishing my feelings for you into a deep dark place inside for years... and kissing you... it just brought it all back to light." He shook his head. 

"Well, this sounds like a rather bad predicament huh?" You teased out your words. "It's such a shame that your little plan worked hey?" 
"What?" He finally turned to you, eyebrows furrowed, eyes scanning your face. 
"Hm, I have been able to move past you... because I finally knew what it was like to kiss you." 

"Really?" His voice softened. "Because that wasn't my intention... I saw that mistletoe over your head and I just couldn't help it... and then I freaked out."

"Well, you should have thought it through." You scolded lightly. "Here, let me help you." You suggested, leaning in and pressing a kiss to his lips. "Now you remember what it's like... to kiss someone who doesn't feel like that about you... blame it on the mistletoe." You remained cold as you finally seemed closure, using your eyes to guide his to the mistletoe above your heads. 

You knew you had made a mistake, everything you had worked so hard at smooching into the ground had resurfaced and you fought off the instinct to stare at him with the adoration you usually would. This was wrong.

He remained silent, moving past you and back downstairs. Everything was clear to him.

"Cn/gf/n..." C/n started. "I'm sorry to do this here..." He sighed. "This can't continue." He explained. "I don't feel anything for you." It was short and sharp but she got the point, crying and leaving the party. 

You furrowed your brows as he turned to face you from the lower floor, he began to storm, flying up the stairs and around the bend to where you stood, one arm hooking around your neck and the other around your waist, bringing your entire body into his, as his lips interlocked with his again. 

He kissed you with every ounce of his being, though not finessed, the two of you melted into each other as your lips moved together. 

You gasp as you separate, your fingers against your lips. 
"That didn't feel like kissing someone who doesn't feel the same way." He stated as he stared at you with wild eyes. "Tell me." He said in a low voice. "I wanted to kiss you last year and I was stupid... you've done what you needed to do... now tell me what you want?" 

"You." You whisper. "But doesn't this have to stay under the mistletoe?" You reminded him.

"I will never leave your heart under the mistletoe again... I promise." He holds your cheeks. 
"Good." You smirk, satisfied with his answer.
"That's my girl." His eyes glimmered as he placed a  feather-light kiss on your lips.

Hello! I hope this is a satisfactory part 2??? 

Thank you all for reading.

I hope your day/night is full of fluffiness.

~Brei