Don't Ignore The Maiden (P.t 2)

It had been five months since the attack at your high school and you still hadn't spoken to C/n. He is the second in command of the ship. You weren't even sure he'd earnt that title as it turns out his uncle was captain. 

His uncle treated you as he did the others and you appreciated that. It gave you a tiny hint that perhaps C/n was good at pirating and it had nothing to do with nepotism. Slowly, you worked your way up the ranks until you were equal with C/n. Now his uncle had a right-hand man and a left-hand woman. 

"So, today's the day." His uncle nicknamed the coldest heart of the seven seas, exclaimed. You never thought the name suited him as he could be relatively warm but you supposed that reputation was important. 

"We're going to the island?" C/n questioned, the four of you, a close crew mate of yours included, gathered in the captain's quarters. 

"We're going to the island." His uncle smiled, chuckling in anticipation. 

For many weeks now the island had been the ultimate mission, it was guarded by many a treacherous sight and various pirates with infamous names met their fate trying to get there. 

"So, what's the plan?" You questioned but there was no time for an answer when the deafening sound of screams and screeches close to that of a banshee. The colour drained from C/n's face, we knew what this meant. 

"It's The Cry of Hades." A crew member bursts through the door, warning us of what we already knew. 
"C/n, get the crew prepared for a fight, y/f/n, man the wheel, Y/n..." He was about to instruct you to do your job but you were already walking through the door. 

You made it to the side of the ship, holding onto the netting as The Cry of Hades, your enemies streamed in beside you. 

"Ah, Hades, how nice to see you again?" You enthused with much sarcasm laced in your tone. 

"If it ain't my favourite lass? You're glowing darling, has my presence made your day that much better?" He questions, eyes burning into your own. He'd never harmed you, everyone else around you but not you. 

"No Hades, in fact, you're making me feel quite seasick." You snided. "What will it be today sir? A fight? To the death? Pillaging? Kidnapping?" 
"Look who's five steps ahead of us yet again boys." He called out and his crew cheered. 
"Well, let's get this over with..." You unsheathed your scimitar. 

"No, darling." He stops you. "We're not here to fight, though I fear it may go that way anyhow, after all, you're precious to this ship you call home..." 
"Oh, so we are going for kidnapping." You nodded a slight smirk on your face. "I'm flattered truly but I don't see why I don't just end you here and now and sail off into the sunset..." 
"Because I didn't come here without a plan." You couldn't deny that this man was attractive, even though he was against everything your crew did, when he smirked with such evil intentions it made your knees slightly weak. 

"What's this plan?" 
"C/n, they've got c/n." The same crew member that alerted you earlier came rushing out from below deck, informing you they had a man on the inside. Moments later, C/n came out, sword to his throat with Y/F/N behind him.

"I should have guessed." You nodded, impressed by his work. "I have to give you credit, this was very well done." You admitted. 
"It's been an honour betraying you Y/n." Y/m/f smiled. 

"Well, as tempted as much as I feel like a fight today, you've actually skipped over a simple way of going about this." You turned your attention back to Hades. 

"And what is that?" He quirked his head with intrigue. 

"You could have just asked." 
"No, Y/n, what are you doing?" C/n struggled, neck bleeding a little. 

"I don't imagine I'll be treated so badly by you Hades, apologises if that wounds your ego." You smirk. "And I'd prefer that to you killing the people I care about so, am I welcome aboard, my captain?" 
"Y/n, no." C/n fought more. "Don't do this, kill me, kill me and let her stay." 

But it was too late, you had already walked the plank they placed for your crossing. Soon you stood before Hades, who knelt before you, followed by the rest of the crew. 

"All hail, our ruling maiden." He calls and each crew shouts in response. 
"All hail our ruling maiden." 

"Don't worry C/n. I promise he'll treat her like she deserves, even though that'll torture you to the day you die." Y/m/f snickered. "A lesson, I'm sure you've learnt already, don't ignore the maiden." He pats C/n's shoulder before joining you on The Cry For Hades. 

And the ship disappeared soon after. 
"We have to go after her." 
"No, we've made it out of an interaction without death, she'll find a way back to us, trust me. She'll never leave you behind." His uncle assured him but it didn't ease his mind. 

He was concerned he'd never see you again...

What he didn't know was his uncle was right...

~
Okay, so I know this isn't the best but this story actually isn't one of my favourites so I guess I don't have as much inspiration for it... anyway, hope you enjoyed it even so. 

Thank you so much for reading, it means the world to me. 

I hope your day/night is richer than the seven seas. 

~Brei