Goodnight

The mirror showed your true reflection. You were stunning, even if you didn't see it yourself. You had conspired the perfect outfit for the evening. Exactly your style. 

This night had been creating butterflies in the pit of your stomach for the past month. You were going to a friend's engagement party. Yes, any social situation made you somewhat nervous but it was C/n that made it worse. 

He was your friend's cousin. Conveniently, he happened to be staying at their house for a while whilst searching for his next apartment. He moved around a lot and got bored with his environment easily. 

Upon arrival, you took a deep breath trying to calm the thudding in your chest. Knocking on the door, your friend appeared at the door. 

"Y/f/n!" You cheer, putting your nerves behind your excitement. "Congratulations." You enthused, bringing her in for a hug. 

"Thank you!" She gleamed. "I'm so glad you could make it." 
"So am I. I'm so excited for you guys, you really are the perfect couple." 
"You're the sweetest Y/n/n." She smiles, leading you through the room already crowded with people. 

Your eyes scanned trying to locate the one person aside from y/f/n that you knew. You couldn't pin him. To be fair to you, there were another 50-something people in the small space, with more arriving every moment.

Yet his E/c eyes didn't meet yours. Nor could you find his shaggy head of hair. 
"Looking for me?" A voice raspier than his usual spoke from behind you. You spun around smile on your face. 

"Hello." You greeted, eyes finally locking. 

"Hey, Y/n/n." He brings you in for a hug, voice hollowing out your brain. 

"How are you?" You questioned. 
"Better now." He smirks leaning against the wall. "Yourself?" 

"Not bad, not bad." You played it cool, trying not to melt from his words. 

The two of you began to chat, catching up on the things you'd done since the last time you saw each other. You liked everything about him. He made you feel safe. He made you feel seen.

As the night moved along you noticed his face draining of colour bit by bit. He blinked now and then with deliberate force as if to focus his vision. 

"Hey." You put your hand on his arm. "You're really hot." 
"Jeez, I didn't mean you could be so forward." He snorted at his own joke. 

"Haha doofus, your skin is really hot." 
"Yeah, don't mind that..." He fades. "I'm actually going to go lie down for a bit..." 
"You're sick aren't you?" 
"Just a little. I'm fine, I promise." He stands, wiping over his face. "No infectious either." 
"I wasn't worried about that." 
"Good." He nods. "It was good seeing you y/n, always is." As you hugged him, you could feel just how warm he was. 

"Just message me if you need anything." You said as he began for his room. 

As speeches happened and the cake was handed out, you sat by yourself concerned about C/n's state. You kept your phone on your lap in case he took you up on your words. 

And as people began to trickle out the door, your knee vibrated. 

C/n: Y/n... could you come here, please?

You stood immediately, probably too quickly, making your way to the room you'd seen him enter. Giving a quick glance over your shoulder, you saw your friend looking at you. She gives you a cheeky wink before turning back to the people she was talking to. 

Cracking the door open, you slipped inside, closing the door behind you. 

The room was dark, with no light to guide you forward other than the distant street light. C/n lay across the bed, still in his jeans and T-shirt. 
"What can I do for you?" You questioned, trying to move with light footsteps. 

"This is going to sound stupid..." He groans. "Could you please turn the fan on..." 
"That doesn't sound stupid." You dismissed, switching the ceiling fan on before sitting on the edge of his bed. 
"I'm not a pleasant sight right now am I?" He chuckles, sniffling.

"You're always a pleasant sight." You whispered. "I'll let you get some rest." 
"No." He grabbed for your hand, grumbling in his feverish state. "Stay." 
"Really?" 
"Please." He asks. 
"Of course." The corners of your lips quirked upward. 

"Thank you." He did his best to guide you over him so you lay next to the wall. He rolled over to face you, eyes half closed. 

"Why on earth would you push yourself through a party if you weren't well... y/f/n would've understood." 
"I know she would have." 
"Then why?" You held his hand. 
"I wanted to see you." He whispers, holding your hand against his chest. You could feel the steady beating of his heart. 

"I wanted to see you too..." You reciprocated. "I don't want you to make yourself sicker though." 

"Thank you for staying with me." 
"Always." 
"I want to take you on a date Y/n." He mumbles. Your heart melted into your stomach setting off the butterflies again. "When I'm better, I'm going to take you out... because I really like you." You smiled, shuffling closer. 

"I really like you too." 
"I don't want to be sick." He pouts. "I want to kiss you." 
You shuffle a little closer again, showing him that you didn't care if it did happen to be infectious from a kiss. He leaned in, pressing his lips to yours for mere moments before pulling away. 

With your hand wrapped in his, you fell asleep beside him, not before he spoke one last time for the night.

"Goodnight and sleep well Y/n/n."

~

Hello! 

You guys are just amazing! 25K! How awesome is that?! I'm honestly shocked but I owe it to you guys. 

I hope you enjoy this one.

Have a butterfly-filled day/night

~Brei