Serves you right

You sat on the rink grandstand, book in your hand as you waited for the rest of your class to arrive. Currently, it was you, BFF/N, and C/n who was your HPE teacher's assistant for the day as he was one of the best skaters there was. 

When half of your grade had requested an ice skating excursion your HPE teacher was happy to oblige, so that's where you were headed. BFF/n always made sure you were early to HPE so you had a chance to interact with C/n. 

He wasn't a pleasant person, not to you at least, he treated you like you had done something horribly tragic to him. You hadn't. In fact, you had only tried to talk to him once to give him an ice skate he'd left at the rink one day, and even then he was rude. 

So now, only he initiated conversation, and nearly every time you ended it... quickly. 

You were already in your skates, it was one of your favorite things to do on the weekend, another time you and C/n often had to see each other. It wasn't so bad because you were good, really good and you never let him forget that. 

"What do you think he's going to get us to do today?" BFF/n asked you. 

"I don't know, probably teach some of us to skate... give the capable ones something impossible to do that only he could do cause he's an egotistical bastard." You cursed. 

"I'll be teaching you how to skate yes... maybe after that we'll try something harder." You rolled your eyes, although you had been unaware of his presence right behind you, you didn't mind, loving that he knew exactly what you thought of him. Or at least half of it. The other half you'd prefer to keep to yourself. 

You made sure your jaw didn't lock as he dissed you, that only gave him power. The three people in the room knew you could skate. 

"You know what they say Y/n..." BFF/n started, always covering you when you were too frustrated to answer. "Those who can't do, teach." She teased, poking out her tongue. 

"Haha." C/n scowled, rolling backwards onto the rink as the rest of the class started to enter. 

He did indeed teach some of the students how to skate and you couldn't deny he was good at it but you certainly weren't going to admit it allowed. 
"Now... this was supposed to be a weekly thing... so I was going to leave it at that today... but early an idea came to mind." C/n started, showing off as he did so. "These were going to be for fun and games but now, I'll use them for a challenge" He gets off the rink. 

You furrow your brow as he holds up two bags of nerf guns, the ones that shoot the hard plastic discs that hurt from a distance. 

"For those of you that can skate well... this is your challenge... the rest of us are going to line up along different levels of the grandstand, including the edge of the rink... we're going to shoot at you and you're going to dodge them... face is off-limits" He spoke like it was simple. "We only have around ten minutes left... so let's just start with the best BFF/n, up you come." 

C/n speaks as he hands out the fully loaded nerf guns. Although BFF/n was good, she was brilliant, she hadn't been skating as long as you and C/n but she got up anyway, rolling her eyes at C/n. 

You watched through your fingers as BFF/n got pummeled with 'bullets', when she got off the rink she smiled at you but you could tell she was in pain. You could only question where your teacher was at that moment. 

"Y/n... your up." C/n smiles sarcastically. You didn't want to do it but you wanted to prove a point.

So you glided onto the rink and started going around in circles before going into the routine you had taught yourself in order to perhaps one day go into a competition. You dodged every disc that came flying at you, moving too fast into the next move for someone to track you for long enough. 

Except for C/n. He had good aim, he did archery. 

So, just as you were about to finish... the class out of ammo... 

He fired mid-spin, hitting your bottom lip. It didn't affect your finish but your lip bled. 

You stormed from the rink into the toilets. Everyone came in after you, starting to change. You spied the bruises forming on BFF/n's body. 

Soon it was just you and her. 

"You're fuming." She warned you. 

"Screw it." You huffed, marching back into the main room where C/n sat on the side of the rink. "What were you playing!" You shouted. "You've caused harm, actual harm, fuck C/n, I knew you were an asshole but to actually hurt someone... I didn't think you were that bad." You growled. 

"Don't gloat." His voice was weak, you looked into his eyes, power forming in your chest when you saw that you had intend affected him, stood up to him, and shut him up. Yet, those two words pissed you off more. Even if you didn't actually know what he meant. 

You shook your head, his eyes followed you but he couldn't react in time to avoid your next move, you picked up one of the guns, one that was loaded and turned to face him, you raised your hand and shot, twice. 

One to the bridge of his nose, slicing it open. 

One to his eye, likely giving him a black one. 

"Argh, shit." He swore, holding his face. "I'll get you banned from the rink." He threatened. 

"Really? My lip bled first... good luck not getting yourself banned in the process." You rolled your eyes.  

"I hit you?" He questioned, looking up at your bleeding lip. "I didn't-" But you and BFF/n were already out the door, she didn't say anything as it was all incredibly tense. She gave you a mini high-five and drove you home, staying with you over the weekend to help you cool off before you had to face Monday morning. 

...

Part 2? Maybe? I actually was thinking of this as something I could turn into a book but thought I would test it out on here first! 

I hope your day/night is a cool as ice!

~Brei