Chapter 5

Chapter 5: Welcome Home

Hinata spent his few years in Brazil. His supposed to stay for two years. But after he got pregnant and gave birth to his son, Hinata Akihiko (that means Shining Prince in the Sun), he decided to extend his stay for another year.

And soon enough he was in the airport expecting a flight to Japan.

"I'll miss you Hinata. Promise me you'll call us sometimes, okay? And don't forget an autograph from Kodzuken!" said Pedro, tearing up seeing his friend leave.

"Of course Pedro. I promise I'll call all of you. I'll miss you all too." Hinata waves.

"Bye bye Uncle Pedro. See you soon!" Akihiko said with a bit of tears in the eyes. Akihiko was attached to Pedro since the two are always together while Hinata is on his job or playing volleyball.

"Bye kiddo!" Pedro sent his flying kisses towards the little brunette.

Yes. Hinata Akihiko is a brunette. Hinata thought that maybe Aki inherited it from his other father.

No, Hinata doesn't look like his son at all. Except for the childs being sunshine kid who always wear smiles, and being physically active for a two year old boy, nothing else was inherited from Hinata.

The kid was also incredibly intelligent (Aki can even start talking straight and clear already at such age) and artistic. Not to mention being ambidextrous. Which Hinata doubt that came from him.

Shoyo and Akihiko bid goodbye as they already heard the boarding announcement that's calling for them. The father and son both smiling as for the memories they created in the country.

~~~

Hinata and Akihiko arrived at Japan soon after. Hinata looks around while walking out of the airport. "Nothing much has changed" he sighed loudly while carrying the sleeping Akihiko.

"Of course nothing will change much within three years Boke!" an awfully familiar voice said from behind him. Hinata almost jump in surprise but stop himself thinking he might wake up the sleeping brunette.

"Lower your voice and don't scare me like that, Bakayama!" Hinata playfully sneered at his former setter.

"Sh- Shoyo! Finally!" Mrs. Hinata said tearfully as he saw his son. And looked at the sleeping figure on the red head's arms. "Give me my grandson, so you could rest your arms!" And she took the child from Shoyo's aching arms.

"Thank you mom. But be careful, he's quite heavy. My baby eats a lot." Shoyo said smiling while the three walks to Kageyama's car.

"Welcome back to Japan, Boke." Kageyama smiles at Shoyo before starting the car.

"Thank you, Bakageyama! So how are you? Wait, you're free today?"

"Of course dumbass. Why am I here if I'm not free today? Coach gave as a day off from practice so I got to pick you up today." Kageyama  then glimpse on the rearview mirror. "This is the first time seeing Akihiko, and sure you don't look like him at all huh?"

"Beats me. Maybe his other father's genes are just too strong against mine. But I'm not complaining. Just look at him!" Shoyo said, pointing out how handsome Akihiko is.

"Indeed. My grandson's too cute and handsome I might squish his face." Mrs. Hinata said in a low voice.

"Don't mom. You'll regret it. That kid is a  monster when annoyed." Shoyo laughs

"Oof! Just like someone I know!" Kageyama looked at Shoyo for a second. That look doesn't escape from Shoyo.

"Shut up Bakageyama!"

"But in all seriousness, Aki looks like someone I know. But well that maybe just a coincidence." Kageyama shrugs.

"Hmm? Who?" Shoyo asked curiously

" Nah, nevermind. I just thought something so ridiculous." Kageyama waves off the topic as he really finds it impossible.

They arrived at the Hinata's residence few moments later. Kageyama left right away as a urgent call came up and the setter bid goodbye saying "Oh kind of emergency meeting with the team. Gotta go! Say hi to Aki for me Boke!"

Mrs. Hinata cooked meals for the family waiting for Natsu to come home and Akihiko to wake up. Shoyo decided to rest while waiting.

Natsu came an hour later. As she walked inside, she saw a small kid drawing in the living room. With her brother sleeping in the couch.

"Akiiiii! Aunt Natsu is here!" Natsu said excitedly.

Akihiko ran towards Natsu and gave her the tightest hug he can manage. "Hello Auntie!" Aki smiled brightly

Natsu clutches his chest, acting like she was heart attacked "Ackk so cute! Come give me a kiss!" And Aki kissed Natsu non-stop while the latter laughs.

Shoyo woke up by the sound of laughing. But decided to stay quiet and watched his Son bonding with his sister.

Natsu looked up to his brother "Welcome home! Shoyo! Welcome home, Aki!"

The family ate together that night. Talking about their lives from the past three years. And future plans.

"Hey! Shoyo! Have you decided what to do now that you came back?" Natsu asked

"I already submitted an application for the Black Jackals. And I'm expected to go for tryouts  tomorrow. Hopefully I got accepted." Shoyo said while taking a spoonful of food and dabs his sons face clean.

"Wait, Black Jackals? I thought you'd apply to Adlers? Since Tobio is there too." Mrs. Hinata asked surprised from his son's choice.

"Well, the line up in Black Jackals is great too, mom. And there's no other way for me to finally beat Bakageyama other than applying anywhere else but Adlers." Shoyo smirks.

They finished eating and bring his son to bath. And then put Aki to bed.

As Hinata laid down beside Akihiko, the kid asked "Dada, are you going to try outs tomorrow? Can I go with you?" Aki blinks his olive eyes to his fathers Amber ones.

"How could I resist you, Aki? Of course you can. But promise me you'll be quiet there and be nice?"

"Ofcourse Dada. I'll be the best boy tomorrow! Don't worry!" Aki beams

"Alright. But we can't go tomorrow late so..."

"Yes Dada, I'll sleep right away so we wake up early!" the little brunette then grabs Shoyo's waist for a hug and snuggled closer.

Shoyo can't calm his nerves. But he knows that he needs to calm down. Especially since this is the first time again, playing indoor volleyball for about three years.

🦅🍊

A/N: Again it's a bit spoiler but it's quite different from the manga. As Hinata only took two years in Brazil instead of three. And Kageyama already met Hinata even before their official match.

Uwaaa