Chapter 22

Chapter 22: Failed date(?)

Sunday, Hinata was now fully recovered from his last heat. And he feels rather okay now after what happened back in the game. He thought that maybe he should not dwell to much and try to just play better next time (and try to watch out his own irregular hear cycle more.)

Hinata is playing a game (which Kenma recommended him to play the last time he called) and he quite enjoys playing it with Akihiko. And it's not surprising anymore that aside from being competitive, Aki is good at playing video games too.

Why so perfect, my baby. If only I am not your father, I wouldn't think you're really a two year old kid.

While the two are busy playing, they heard someone knocked the door. "I'll go get them!" Natsu said and few seconds later he heard Ushijima's voice "Good Morning." He then walked straight to Akihiko who's to busy beating the boss in game, and put the kid into his lap.

"Hello son, Good morning!" Ushijima greeted Akihiko with a kiss on his temple which earned a giggle from the kid. "Good morning Papa. Im playing the game recommended by Uncle Pudding!"

Ushijima smiled on how energetic Akihiko is. He took that from Hinata, that's for sure. He then turned to Hinata and kissed the red head's cheek. "Good Morning, my love."

Hinata only blushed and stayed silent, focused on the game. Which wasn't really surprising since Ushijima knew Hinata still acting distant from him sometimes. The reason was surely because the red head still not forgiving him.

That's fine as of now though. He understands why he wasn't really forgiven. So the least he could do was to do everything to make Hinata forgive him.

"Do you have anything to do today, Shouyo? I was thinking of going out with you and our son today since it's Sunday. If you're not comfortable being alone with me, we could bring along Mom and Natsu"

"Well that's great idea. And..." Hinata looked at him for a second, " What makes you think I'm not comfortable around you alone? Stop talking nonsense." Hinata sighed.

Ushijima knows better to believe Hinata's words. It's obvious that Hinata IS not comfortable being with him alone. Sometimes when he took Hinata and Akihiko out, or just simply taking the two back home, the red head would just stay silent and won't look at him. And when he did respond to him, sometimes it felt cold and distant.

Hinata cleared his throat and spoke "So what's your plan today?"

The truth is, Ushijima doesn't really have a plan. He just thought that he could ask them to go out but he didn't thought of where to go.

"Don't have a plan, I see. Well I don't mind going to amusement park. I know you think that 'amusement park' is so regular but I would appreciate you bringing Aki there." Hinata said as he stood up.

Natsu emerges from behind the couch and exclaimed "Hey! Bringing my brother on a family date huh? I say you should do what he suggested. But..." then she whispered "I will tell Mom that we will not go with you. So you sure have some time alone with your son and my brother." Natsu winks

Ushijima just stared at Natsu. 'What is she doing? Is she helping me?'

Natsu nods as if she read his mind "So go! Tell brother you're going out. I'll text you some tips you could do around Shoyo!"

~~~

Ushijima find himself with Akihiko in his shoulders beside Hinata. True to her words, Natsu and their mother refused to go with them saying they have something else to do like Mrs. Hinata will go for groceries, and Natsu will have a group study with her classmates.

Ushijima recieved a message from Natsu. 'First of all, you have to be sweet and be show off. Buy some matching clothes and wear it today.'

Ushijima did what he's been told. Hinata reluctantly took the shirt he was given and after a few minutes he emerged wearing White fitted shirt with something printed on it. Then Ushijima took his turn wearing black fitted shirt with a different print in it.

Akihiko wore a cute sando and a baseball cap. His bag adorned with a pair of Crow wings.

While they walk around, different people throw glances at them. Not in a weird way, but quite endearing.

In the middle of walking around the amusement park eating corndogs, they bumped into Oikawa and Iwaizumi.

"Chibi-chan~ surprised seeing you here with... You know who. Having a family date?" Oikawa teased Hinata.

The red head waved his hand frantically hearing the word date "No No! We're not. I mean yeah a family date. But not a date! Like not the romantic one! Yeah yeah!"

Iwaizumi chuckled, genuinely amazed in how frantic Hinata is. "Don't mind shi-" Iwaizumi cut himself off looking at Akihiko "Oikawa. He just the same old him. Which is not a good trait of him"

"Iwa Chan! Don't mess my mood any further. My mood already go downhill looking at Ushiwaka, you know" Oikawa complained

Ushijima still don't get why Oikawa is being like this around him. The only thing he thought he'd done was telling him to go to Shiratorizawa as he genuinely thought his talent would flourish there.

"And look at that Chibi-Chan! I'm genuinely surprised that between you two, you are the dominant one. I thought it would be Ushiwaka"

Hinata frowned at what Oikawa said. The setter just pointed at the shirt he's wearing. And he read 'The Dominant Omega' printed on it.

His eyes widened when he turned his head to read Ushijima's shirt 'The Submissive Alpha'

What the fuck is this?!

Hinata blushed and shook his head "I don't know but Ushijima made me wear this "

Ushijima asked curiously "Don't you like it Shoyo? What your shirt said is true tho-"

"Shut up" Hinata hid his face flustered.

Okay maybe I chose the wrong pair of shirts. Should I have chosen 'The Sexy King' and 'His Worshipper' Shirts instead?

~~~

He again recieved another message from Natsu. 'Bring him to ride a rollercoaster. Who knows, you might end up getting hugged by Shoyo ;)'

So Ushijima did it again. He asked Hinata to ride a rollercoaster with him. Hinata said that he can't since no one will look after Akihiko but Oikawa volunteered since they rode the ride before them.

When Ushijima and Hinata sat at the rollercoaster, everything seems normal. Hinata just looked around while the rollercoaster started to move. Ushijima just held Hinata's hand thinking that maybe Hinata id nervous.

But when the rollercoaster dropped, Ushijima suddenly held Hinata's hand tighter. And when the ride stops. Hinata is the one helping Ushijima out of their spot, Ushijima being too pale to walk by himself.

So much for being hugged by Shoyo.

~~~

Ushijima did everything Natsu sent him. Even the 'Try to win a prize for Shoyo!' but he failed everything miserably. Like when he tried to win a prize from a shooting game, he failed getting a prize but Akihiko got it instead.

My son won the prize not me!

So when they gone back home that afternoon, it's obvious that Ushijima is not in a good mood. A sad look all over his face is evident.

But as he sat there at the couch, he felt Hinata kissed his cheek. "I had fun. And I'm sure our son too. Thanks for taking us out." And the red head goes to his room to change.

"See! You just earned a kiss from Shoyo! Did I do a great job?!" Natsu pops out behind him again

Ushijima shook his head, smiling. I guess me failing miserably at everything is worth it.

🦅🍊