Chapter 7

Chapter 7: Eye to Eye

After he watched the red head jumps and spikes, the coach is really convinced that Hinata, is that final piece their team needs. And decided to officially announce the admission of their newest Wing Spiker/Outside Hitter.

"BLACK JACKALS, LINE UP!" MSBY's coach called for all the members.

"Coach! We can't complete our line up yet. Kiyoomi is outside for a break!" Shugo Meian, Black Jackals' captain said, as what he have heard from their Libero.

"Oh I see. Then could someone call for him? We need him right here. I m calling for an urgent meeting for my announcement, and I'm arranging a practice match between all of you."

Atsumu raised his hand, "I'll volunteer! I need to buy myself a cup of coffee and a slice of cake for this little fella anyway." he said as he pinched Akihiko (which is, once again, on Bokuto's shoulders) in the cheeks. The little kid only giggles.

As the dyed blonde ran off, Hinata walked over Bokuto to check on his son. "How are you so far Aki? Having fun?"

"Yes Dada! Grandpa Owl and Uncle Tsubee is so fun to be with! I go WAAAAA and they go WOOOOO as we chase each other!" Akihiko exaggeratedly tells Shoyo.

Hinata chuckles "Really? Wait... Tsubee?"

"Yes Dada. He looks like the Bee we saw on the movie! So I called him Tsubee. I thought Uncle Tsubee got mad when I called him that cause he become so red. But he just laughed and chased me again!"

Hinata looked fondly at Akihiko. He always feels glad seeing his son so lively like this. And he's more glad that Akihiko is going pretty well with Bokuto and Atsumu.

Few minutes later and Atsumu entered the gym alongside Sakusa.  Seeing Akihiko sitting on the bench with his  Crow stuffed toy (which coincidentally liked by the child), Atsumu ran towards him, a small box of cake in his hand.

Akihiko smiled and hugged Atsumu, thanking him for the treat. Atsumu only blushed by the kids cuteness and ran off towards the other members who are lined up. The coach announced Hinata as their newest addition to their roster. And started to warm up, getting ready for their practice match.

Akihiko had fun the whole day. As he met new Uncles he look up to and Seeing his father play volleyball again.

Few weeks have passed. And Hinata found himself standing inside a locker room preparing for their match against Schweiden Adlers (Kageyama's team). Mixed emotions has been felt. Nervous but excited. He walked out of the room to have a walk and saw Kageyama on the Hallway, with his signature smirk on his face.

One moment, Kageyama and Hinata only stared at each other, the next thing they knew Atsumu came right behind him, then Hoshiumi. Followed by Bokuto then Ushijima. And finally Sakusa.

But Hinata doesn't know why his stare was caught and stuck at Ushijima. His stomach feels weird (in a good way ehem) as they stared at each other. And to his surprise, Ushijima only smiled at him for a second. Way too short that he wondered if he actually smiled or it's an illusion.

He shook it off. He thought that maybe it's indeed just an illusion. He knew Ushijima is not the type to be friendly. But deep inside he wished the guy did actually smiled at him.

Sakusa noticed that certain moment between the two. And as perceptive as he is (but he doesn't care at all) he knew the two has building a connection.

Oh how wrong he was. The two already had their connection built.

Their respective teams called for them and finally the match has begun.

~~~

Ushijima feels his heart getting warm with happiness. He finally saw Hinata up close. And they played against each other. His eyes watched every steps Hinata made. Every jumps. Everytime he sees Hinata recieved his spikes. His heart never stopped beating fast with the sight of the red head. Before, all he felt towards the red head was purely annoyance the first time they met. Same as when they played their first match back in Highschool. But he felt so much different now.

His so in love with Hinata Shoyo from the concrete.

He internally laughs at the nickname. He once again remembered the first time he saw Hinata back in the grounds of Shiratorizawa Academy. Why he didn't notice how etherial the little red head looked. How beautiful he is back then. And not gonna lie, he still is even now.

And even though now, once again defeated by Hinata. He found himself smiling like a lovesick he is. He's supposed to feel bad. Lost a match against their rival team. But he surprisingly not mad or sad about the loss.

It's because it's Hinata Shoyo.

Yes indeed. He feels like he can take any loss as long as it's against Hinata Shoyo. Not that he doesn't like to win against him. He's too competitive for the matter.

And as they walked out, he slipped another glimpse of the red head across the the big gymnasium. And felt a smalt pang of jealousy by the look of their setter and the overzealous owlhead hanging their arms across his Omega's shoulders.

"Hey, Ushijima! Come on! You're being left behind!" Hoshiumi Korai, fellow spiker and outside hitter, called him.

"Coming" and he rushed towards his teammate, ignoring the jealousy he's feeling.

And as he walked out, he missed the sight of Hinata hugging a child who looks exactly like him.

~~~

Hinata feels so happy he won his debut match today. He's going to bug his friend Kageyama about it.

He bumped into Kuroo Tetsuro, former Captain of Nekoma. Not only that but also some of his former teammates who watched his first official match since he came back.

And all of them has the same reaction meeting his son, Akihiko.

"Oh my god! He's so cute!" exclaimed Yachi carrying around the little fella. Akihiko only laughed at her.

Tanaka looked closely and pinched the kids cheeks lightly, "I wish we could have a baby like him!" then looked at his wife, Kiyoko. The woman only smiled.

"He's so adorable! Right, Tsukki?" Yamaguchi exclaimed, pulling the Tall Blonde's sleeves.

"Yeah. But stop being so loud Yams" said Tsukishima.

"Sorry Tsukki. But still..." He then rushed to the kid and played along with Yachi.

Sugawara only hugged Hinata fondly. "I missed you. And I'm proud of you now, Hinata!"

"Hinata? Me or Dada?" Akihiko jokingly said

"Both?" Sugawara chuckled

"Never been so proud that I'm once your Captain, Hinata. And of course yours too Kageyama!" Daichi said looking behind Hinata, as Kageyama was approching his old teammates.

"Thank you. And well played Boke!" Kageyama slapped Hinata's shoulder lightly

"Stop calling Dada, dumbass. Uncle Meanieyama!"  Akihiko pouted

Kageyama only pinched the child's cheeks and the other's just laughed at the Kid's adorableness.

But one of the members stared closely at Akihiko.

"He's awfully looks like Ushiwaka. Are these dumbasses doesn't notice it too. Especially this stupid Tangerine?"

Tsukishima, even without confirming his suspicion, knows that there's a possibility that the one Hinata said he slept with was none other than Ushijima Wakatoshi.

🦅🍊

A/N Tsukki so perceptive. But don't mind the Saltiness and namecalling by Tsukishima. He's going so well with Hinata now. Just force of habit.