Chapter 8

Chapter 8: Mighty Eagle's Lucky Day

The day after the match, the Adlers' are given a day off of practice. Their next match aren't going to happen anytime soon especially they lost their match with their rivals.

But then again, he doesn't mind that he lost. At least he got to play a match with his beloved.

His beloved. He like the sound of that.

He rose up from the bed, and goes out of the room. He toasted a bread and took a bite, drinking a cup of coffee with less sugar. Gone outside and took a jog.

After jogging he took a shower. He's actually planning to go to the mall and buy stuffs like new socks. To be honest, he doesn't like to spend much even though he got the money. He's not the type to overspend and live luxuriously even through the fact that he can afford it. He believes on "Needs before Wants."

Hinata Shoyo is an exception. He's both Wakatoshi's needs and wants.

Arriving at the mall, Ushijima goes straight to department store to check out the sports socks with the best quality. He also thought of buying some pair of underwears and few shirts. He checked them out and walked out of the store. But a certain item caught his eyes.

It's a Crow and Eagle onesies for kids.

Ushijima wondered what it feels like to be a father. He suddenly thought about his father for a moment and how he's such a good father to him. Back then Ushijima said to himself that he won't ever be tied and have a family of his own.

But now, he thought that if he would be a family man, he would like to be a father just like his Dad. Someone who will stand for his son. And of course, he wants it to be with a certain red head.

He smiled at that thought. A kid with Hinata? It doesn't sound so bad. It's actually better if they have... More than a kid or two?

He swears to himself that his sounding like an obsessed man, thinking things like this with Hinata. He doesn't even know if he ever have a chance.

He started to walk away but someone called his name. No, his nickname that only one person is calling him.

"JAPAN?!" There he is. The guy Ushijima Wakatoshi ever thinks about. None other than Hinata Shoyo himself.

The red head practically bounced to him like he's actually glad he saw him. "You're on your day off too?" Hinata smiles at him. Like they are actually close to begin with. Another thing Ushijima likes about him. Hinata is so much of a social butterfly, in contrast of his own personality.

Ushijima tried to play it cool and nods "Yes. I assume you are too?"

"Yes. And actually I'm glad that I have a day off too even though I wanted to practice more. I realized I need to buy some stuffs." Hinata beams to him. "Are you done for today, Ushijima?"

He hesitantly nods, answering the question truthfully "Yes. I think I bought enough stuffs that I need so I'm supposed to go home now."

Hinata's eyes saddened for a second "Aww that's so sad. I'm just wondering if you want to come with me. I'm alone and it's kind of boring to buy stuffs by myself."

Ushijima saw this as an opportunity to at least get to have a moment with Hinata. So he offered "I don't mind joining you. I have nothing to do anyway."

Hinata's eyes shines at what he said. "Oh thank you!" And they started to walk inside shoes store. "I'm supposed to go with Bakage- I mean Kageyama today. But he cancelled last second cause his sister needs his help today. I needed his input about shoes and shirts but I guess you're here to take his place." He chuckled.

Ushijima felt his heart beats faster at that. He finds Hinata's smile so beautiful. And laughs' music to his ears.

He's really in love with a monster. Not like his not a monster himself. But maybe that will make them a monster couple.

"What do you think about this one? I don't actually like to buy just the pretty ones. I just want ones that I can use effectively!" Hinata lifts a pair of Black and Red shoes. Which Ushijima finds a good one himself.

"I like that one. But I'd recommend you this one" he picks up a pair of Black and Gold shoes. "It's durable and comfortable. I use this ones myself. And it looks good with your teams colors." He bends down to help Hinata try the shoes.

Hinata stared at Ushijima while the taller man puts on the shoes for him. Hinata felt his heart throbs for a second.

Ushijima has a huge build. Perfectly defined jaws. His olive green hair looks so smooth. His eyes which is focused on his feet looks so good too. And his lips...

Hinata shook his head blushing. Why is he openly checking out the man?

Ushijima looks at him and found Hinata flustered. "Are you okay? You look so red?"

Hinata waved his hands frantically. "Yeah yeah Im fine HAHA!"

Ushijima won't lie. Hinata looks so beautiful that way. And he smiled "Mind trying to jump and run with those?"

Hinata found himself staring once again at the man's face. Now he sure it's not an illusion. Ushijima is smiling at him. The USHIJIMA WAKATOSHI, The Left Handed Cannon, JAPAN, is smiling at him.

He's face goes deeper red and he did what Ushijima asked him to do. Trying so hard to hide his obviously red face.

"Yeah! It looks good and comfy! I think I'll get this one!" Hinata hurriedly took off the shoes and goes to the counter to buy the shoes. Ushijima shooked his head in confusion.

As he walked closely he heard Hinata asked the saleslady for the same pair but the smaller ones.

"Why are you asking for smaller ones? Buying it for someone else?" Ushijima frowned in genuine curiosity.

"No. I'm buying it for myself and for someone special" Hinata answered

"Someone special?" I want to be someone in that category. Ushijima thought. But smaller ones. Is he buying it for a kid? A relative perhaps, or a friend's child?

"Yeah and I think he'll like this ones. Thank you Wakatoshi" Hinata smiled. But stops for a second as he realized he called Ushijima by his first name. "Oh. Sorry I didn't mean to-"

"No, it's fine. I like for you to call me that anyway." I do, Hinata, and I like you.

Hinata sighed in relief "Phew. Well in that case, you can also call me Shoyo." and then he chuckles.

After they got what they bought (which Ushijima insists on paying while Hinata protests), they go out and bought stuffs like backpack, Sports cap and Shirts. All for kids.

And Ushijima wondered for whom Hinata is buying all of this things? But he never asked.

After buying all that stuffs which once again Ushijima paid (not everything as Hinata finally told Ushijima he felt bad letting the man pays for his stuffs), Hinata offered to treat Ushijima for a late lunch. Ushijima told him he'll pay but one look at Hinata and he folds back.

Such a nagging wife Hinata Shoyo is. Ushijima shook his head. But he doesn't mind at all.

After that, Hinata then told Ushijima he's going home. Ushijima hesitated on letting Hinata go. Hinata wants to spend more time with him. He wants to ask Hinata to stay, but he doesn't have the right to do so.

"Mind if we exchange contacts?" Hinata asked him

Ushijima's breath hitched. He dumbfoundedly gave his phone to Hinata. He's not believing what's happening but he's not complaining. At last he have Hinata's contact number. And he doesn't have to think of ways to ask Kageyama Tobio for one.

And then they parted ways. Ushijima smiled as he waves his hand at Hinata.  He felt so damn lucky today. And yes, he's satisfying himself calling it a date.

🦅🍊
A/N: I don't mind recieving feedbacks. Is it good? Bad? Am I too much on Ushijima? Share your thoughts if you want to.