Chapter 24

Chapter 24: The Family Dinner

Really Nervous is an understatement. Ushijima doesn't know what to do to calm himself.

Mr. Haruto is really intimidating. But I have to be strong. Because if I show even a bit of discouragement, he might end up not letting me court Shoyo.

The brunette breathes deep for the nth time. First, he decided to pick something to wear. He thought that wearing something casual wouldn't do anything good to him. So he wore something formal.

Then he thought of buying something for the family. Ushijima bought a Box of Chocolate Cake (for Akihiko) and bouquet of flowers (for the ladies). He also brought a bottle of Macallan Imperiale "M" (hoping this would impress Mr. Haruto).

He didn't forget to bring pork buns for Shoyo. He knew that some would think that's weird as porkbuns aren't really romantic gift. But he knew that porkbuns will bring smile to the red head.

The night came and finally, Ushijima and his father was ready to go. But before they go inside his car, he heard a very familiar voice from behind him.

"Having dinner with someone? And you're not inviting your own mother? Why is that, Wakatoshi?" Mrs. Ushijima said crossed arms

(A/N: At this point, I'll use Ushijima's first name. So we won't be confused with Wakatoshi and his mother. Same goes to Hinata's side)

Wakatoshi noticed what his mother is wearing. And god, he knew his mother was going with them to the Hinata's. 'I didn't even know how she knew about us going to dinner with Shoyo's family'

Mrs. Hinata shook her head in disappointment "With our family connection, Wakatoshi? You cant expect that I won't find out anything that is happening with you nowadays especially that you're not contacting us back home. I knew you now had a son, which you just recently met, right? And now you and your father is supposed to go to that Omega's family? For what? To talk about what you did to the Omega three years ago?" Mrs. Ushijima sighed. "I may not be the best mother, but I still am your mother, Wakatoshi. So it is normal for your mother to meet your soon to be family, right?"

"I apologize for not saying anything to you, Mom. But I'm sure that you are going to plot something if you end up not liking my Omega. I'm-"

"So that's how you see me, Wakatoshi? Someone evil? I assure you, even if I end up not liking that Omega, I won't do anything to jeopardize your relationship with him. The last thing I would want is to take your happiness away from you. I made you live a broken family once, I won't let my grandkid suffer the same fate as my only son. I promise." Mrs. Ushijima said, with deep sincerity.

Wakatoshi just sighed. Maybe he could give this a shot. If anything, he also wants both of his parents by his side while facing the Hinata's especially the head of its family.

~~~

They stood in front of Hinata's residence. Takeshi pats his hand on his son's stiff shoulder. It's normal though. Cause if Takeshi was in his son's place, he will also be nervous. Especially how Shoyo's father looks back when they met him. He himself feels intimidated.

With few deep breaths, Wakatoshi finally rung the doorbell. And Mrs. Hinata opened the door for them "Oh, welcome Wakatoshi. And you too Mister and Miss?"

"Utsui/Ushijima" Wakatoshi's parents said. The air immidiately got awkward.

Mrs. Hinata just smiled "Please come inside and feel at home. The food's almost ready but for the meantime you can wait at our living room."