Chapter 14

Chapter 14: The Overprotective Raven

The next day at the Schweiden Adlers', Ushijima arrived. Walked straight to his locker and changed into his gym clothes. More quiet than usual out of overthinking about Hinata and his son.

Yes. Even though he didn't heard it from Hinata yet, he is absolutely sure Akihiko was his child.

And he's still contemplating on how he would would confess everything to Hinata. But as he finished changing someone spoke from behind him.

"Ushijima san. I need to talk to you about something." Kageyama Tobio stood there, face unreadable.

"What is it we need to talk about, Kageyama Tobio?" Ushijima looked at the raven, matching how the setter looks.

"Do you, by any chance, had..." Kageyama hesitated for a second "...had slept with my friend Hinata?".

Ushijima widened his eyes in shocked. How did he found out? "K-kageyama, I-"

"I don't want to hear anything from you aside from Yes or No? Ushijima san, I repeat. Do you by any chance, had slept with Hinata?" Kageyama's voice grew menacingly by the second. Somehow, the raven setter is confirming his suspicion by the taller one's expression drawn on it's face.

Ushijima hesitated to answer the raven. Of course of all people, Kageyama would be protective to Hinata. He knew how close the two are since they become partners from their first year of Highschool. And the last thing Ushijima wants from Kageyama is the raven's  disapproval with him being with Hinata.

And he thought that, maybe if he tell the truth to the raven, Kageyama would be more forgiving. So he answered lowly "Yes"

And in a second, Kageyama's fist connected to the taller one's jaw. Ushijima didn't complained and accepted the blow. He knew he deserved it.

That scene was what Fukuro Hirugami (Adlers' Captain), Nicolas Romero (Wing Spiker and Outside Hitter), and Hoshiumi had witnessed the moment they entered the locker room. Romero took Kageyama's arms away as Hirugami pulled away Ushijima from the raging raven.

"You... Don't ever come close to Hinata, you hear me? Or even try to talk to him! I won't ever let you hurt Hinata the same way you did three years ago!" Kageyama shouted, shaking in anger.

"Kageyama please hear me out..." Ushijima plead. But Kageyama was too mad to even hear him out

"I don't need your explanation. The only thing that is clear to me is that you took advantage of him, and you didn't even said anything within these three years! That was enough for me to despise you. Not to mention how Hinata suffered after that night! So I'm warning you, the moment I found out you came closer to Hinata, by any means, you'll be facing me!" Kageyama glared at the eyes of the Alpha in front of him, shaking off Romero's grip on him and walked out, slamming the door behind him.

Ushijima slumped down on a bench, shoulder down. Now that he saw how Kageyama reacted, he felt more scared telling Hinata the truth.

I can face anyone's anger. I can accept all of Hinata's friends' wrath against me. Even if they hit me, I'll accept it all. But he knew he can't afford to see his Omega's despising him.

~~~

Kageyama messaged another person he knew who had suspicion about Ushijima.

Kageyama T. : Our hunches are right. Ushijima really took Hinata that night three years ago. What should we do?

Tsukishima's eyes squinted on what he have read. Fist clenching of anger. He suddenly had thought of going to the Adlers' and throw punches at the so called "Left Handed Cannon". But he knew better than anyone that that will only make the situation worse. And Hinata, even though they try to protect him, will surely be mad at them.