Chapter 18

Chapter 18: Exhaustion and Jealousy

It's been another week, and Ushijima kept his word that he'll win Hinata and their son's hearts. Within that week, he never failed to come to the Hinata's to pick them up and take them to MSBY's practice gym. He also brought food every break (Not forgetting Aki's cake for dessert when it's lunch break.). He then pick them up after practice and stayed at the Hinata's till night (but he still goes home after Akihiko slept).

That was quite a routine. But Ushijima still goes on even though exhaustion is drawn all over his face. Of course he still goes to his own team's  practices while doing all that.

Back then, it's always been volleyball is what Ushijima prioritized. But now, he always thinks of Hinata and Akihiko first before anything else.

So when Hinata realizes what Ushijima is been doing, he finally said a word.

"Ushijima, you may go straight to your practice tomorrow, and rest as much as you can. I appreciate your efforts but I can't afford for you to overexert yourself because of us." Hinata said while inside Ushijima's car. Akihiko slept on Hinata's chest on the shotgun seat.

"No. I can do it. I'm all well. And besides, I'm doing this because I-"

"You want to? Let's say it is. But do you think my conscience would take it if you just drop out of exhaustion in a middle of practice? Or what more if you're driving like right now? Tiredness is all over your face you see!" As much as Hinata tried not to show how much he cared, Ushijima noticed how extremely concerned the red head was to him. It brought smile to his lips that never escaped Hinata eyes.

"And why are you smiling, huh?" Hinata asked, annoyed

"Nothing, my love. I just felt good knowing how concerned you are to my well being. It brings warmth to my heart. I apologize if I am making you worried but rest assured that I'll have a good rest myself."

"Whatever. And who said I'm concerned huh?" Hinata mumbled under his breath

Ushijima chuckled "No one said it, my love. It just shows so obviously."

"Shut up." Hinata sighed.

Hinata won't lie to himself that Ushijima's words affects him. Especially when the brunette always tells him how he feels, or how Hinata affects him. But that doesn't mean he'll admit it. At least not today.

~~~

Hinata tucked Akihiko to his bed making sure his son is comfortably sleeping. Ushijima helped him with their things while he carried Aki to his room earlier. When he turned tk face Ushijima, he saw the giant yawn.

Hinata shook his head 'I can't bear to see him like this. I can't even imagine him driving at this state.' "Hey. Maybe you can stay here for the night to rest? It's obvious that you're tired. You might end up sleep driving if you continue to go home."

Ushijima smiled "Thank you but-"

"No buts. I'm getting you a futon. Sleep here next to our bed." Hinata insist. Ushijima smiled even wider. "Can I sleep beside you instead?"

"No. I'm sleeping beside Akihiko and as you can see, my bed is not as huge as yours." Hinata said, remembering again the bed thet slept the night they "made" Akihiko.

Hinata's face flushed. He didn't mean to mention that. Wish he didn't noticed what I just said

"Oh. Well, I'm confident in the near future that we'll sleep in a single bed. So maybe it's fine that I don't sleep beside you tonight"

Hinata's blush goes deeper red. What is he implying? That we'll be sleeping like...

"Not sleep like how we made Akihiko. Just normal sleep. I don't mind doing that kind of sleep with you though." Ushijima smirked.