Chapter 23

Chapter 27: Meeting Who?

It's been two weeks since that Family date at the amusement park. And so far, Ushijima knew he made quite good progresses now after that date. Hinata doesn't act distant now and sometimes initiates conversation more often. The red head sometimes visits Ushijima now (with Akihiko wantjng to see his Papa as part of the reason), which made the Adlers' know about Akihiko's relationship with Ushijima.

And just like any normal weekdays for Hinata and Ushijima, both goes to their respective practices, but Akihiko is with Ushijima's team.

"That kid really is a little Ushijima hmm? Just more... Hyper? Energetic? Just a happier version of him." Heiwajima Toshiro, Adlers' libero said which Ushijima heard

"I guess he got that from Shoyo. And I'm glad he is. I don't think I would like my son to be exactly like me." Ushijima said while picking up a volleyball.

Hoshiumi chuckled "Well, Hinata's lucky your son at least inherited his attitude. Or else no one could really tell he gave birth to that kid."

"Akihiko is quite competitive too, to say the least. And I guess love of volleyball shows too." Kageyama added. Ushijima and the raven still not totally in good terms but they can at least hold a conversation without Kageyama being snarky.

Ushijima looked at Akihiko's direction. He saw the kid holding a volleyball. Then few seconds of staring at it, the kid tosses it a bit and tried to bounce it with his arms. It was a bit shaky, but you could say that what the kid did was a good start.

And Ushijima can't help but smile. 'That's expected. He's the son of me and Shoyo.' He then goes to his son's side to try teaching Akihiko how to bounce the ball repeatedly in his arms.

But no one knew that a mysterious man is watching him from afar. Watching Ushijima and Akihiko's moves, smile on their lips.

~~~

Hinata decided to ask for half of his day off of practice. Their coach agreed though since most of the members are out today like Bokuto (who had a date with Akaashi), Atsumu (who helped Osamu picking up rice from Kita Shinsuke's farm) and Sakusa (who said will go for extended general cleaning on his house but actually followed Atsumu).

As he waited for a bus going to the Adlers', a hand grabbed Hinata's shoulders causing the red head yelp a bit. When he turned around a pair of amber orbs stared back at him as the man smiled at him.

"Surprise Son! It's been a while since the last time I saw you?!"

~~~

Hinata and his dad, Hinata Haruto sat in one of the tables inside a coffee shop. The son didn't know what to say so he stayed quiet. He's happy though since it's really been a long time since their dad came home from working overseas.

"Don't you miss me at all Shoyo? Why aren't you talking to me?" Haruto asked and gasped "Oh lord, are you... Mad at me? I'm sorry if I-"

"No! Dad! It's just... You didn't said anything that you're coming home? Have you told mom that you're here? Or Natsu?"

"Of course I did. I came home first before coming here. And guess what? You and your mom's reaction are both priceless." Haruto laughs loudly. Good thing there's no other customers yet aside from them, because it would be very embarrassing. "Well, no one ever contacted me for almost a year now, I don't know what's happening to my family nowadays. Wait, where's my grandson? I don't see him back at home so I thought he's with you?"

Hinata sighed. He and his family forgot to tell the Hinata's head of the family what his situation now. So this would totally shock his father.

"Dad uhm... Akihiko is with..." Hinata closed his eyes "his father."