Chad 2

It had been a busy night.

The two officers had happily taken all her information for the report. One officer called in the CSI unit to fingerprint her place, the other called in a favour to have someone come and fix her window.

They both showed up at the same time. A van filled with CSI officers and a truck with one guy for the window.

She just about had heart attack when she realized all of these people were going to go into the house where a brand new monster she couldn't vouch for was squatting. She got strange looks from all the people present she asked him if window guy and the CSI unit could do all the work from outside of the house.

When they all stared at her like she was crazy she meekly reminded them that her living room was a disaster and she didn't want anyone to get hurt.

The window guy very nicely swept up all the broken glass once he had installed the new window pane for her.

The CSI unit took her fingerprints to cross reference against hers. She had absolutely no idea if Kyle left finger prints, or if she should tell them about her ex-boyfriend who hadn't been there in almost a whole month. She chose not to mention Kyle but did mention her ex, Peter. They had taken his number so they could contact him, but she already knew that it wasn't him.

She just couldn't tell the police that she had some kind of tentacle monster hiding somewhere in her living room.

When all of that was done, and she paid the window guy, she was left alone with the officers. They had gotten her a good deal on the window replacement too, she practically wanted to hug them, but they already thought she was weird.

They had offered to help her put living room back to rights but she had panickily told them not to bother, which clearly made them think that she was weirder than they already thought she was. But she couldn't let them into the house not when she had a monster hiding under furniture and snatching people up.

Yes, the first round of people had been safe but that didn't mean that the monster wasn't going to change it's mind now.

The two cops finished taking pictures of the scene before eventually flipping over her sofa for her all while she stood by the doorway on bated breath.

But no one got grabbed as they put her living room to rights, and they told her that they'd contact her in a few day times with updates, especially if they found a suspect. God, she had no idea how she'd explain it if they found Kyle's fingerprints.

She just thanked them for their time and all their help, waved them away and then she was alone again. She was standing with her back to the door wondering what to do. Or more importantly where to start.

"Kyle!" she called and right away he appeared in front of her. This time she wasn't startled at all, in fact she was relieved to see him.

"Where is it?"

... couch...

Really? It had been under the couch this whole time and it hadn't grabbed a single person? So what... he was only grabbing up her? Why? So what it just attacked women? That was sexist!

"Has it been, you know, under there the whole time?"

...No... moved into... kitchen... when... men... came... in....

Great so she worried for nothing, especially seeing that he only attacked other monster and women.

"Okay... well... uhm... how do I... do you think I could walk by and not have it grab me?"

... No... I'll... carry you...

"Really but your arm... Oh! How is your arm?"

He showed her the arm that was oozing this pinkish purple liquid that was clearly his blood. He seemed to look at it as if it were foreign but otherwise it didn't seem to be hurting him a lot.