Teddy .6

As far as Angelica was concerned the ghost situation was neutralized. Sure they had a few points to finalize, but she figured the little ghost child was no longer a threat.

With that done, she decided to start unpacking. Starting first with picking a room for herself.

The owners that had turned the place into a hotel originally had picked a room on the first floor to be their room. Which meant everything was essentially larger. She figured that would be the room she would consider hers until further notice.

She went in to air it out, to get the dust covers off the bed and then potentially change the sheets in general.

She was standing there staring at the bed when she paused. Someone died in one of the rooms and she had no idea which one mainly cause they couldn't prove they had died. Bodies were never found Actually, someone had died or gotten hurt in almost every room in that house, just those two were the most recent... maybe... actually... was it? She should have paid more attention to that file.

She should have probably gone to get the file to double check, but she didn't feel like digging for it.

She figured she'd ask her most trusted monster instead.

"Hmm, hey Kyle do you get any weird vibes in here?" she called. "I mean... I think the files say that something went down in the room but I unno if it was ever confirmed... or if it was the room. So... what do you think? You feel anything?"

She then paused, waiting for her shadow monster to give her an answer. But it wasn't her shadow monster she heard, and she didn't get an answer.

"What kind of talkin' would y'ah like to do?"

Angelica practically jumped out of her skin. With a yelp she whirled around. Except she couldn't figure out where that voice had come from.

"Up here."

Angelica looked up and found the boy sitting on the ceiling above her. He was sitting cross legged, the teddy in his lap. He was no longer crying, in fact he didn't even look like gravity was working on him, he might as well have been sitting on the floor.

He was just staring at her thoughtfully, as if waiting for her reaction.

"Jesus, you gave me a fright," she said. "How long have you been up there?"

"You said you'sa wanted to talk to me," he said. His accent was ridiculously old. Like The Color Purple kinda old. When the hell did this kid die? "What did y'ah want to talk to me for?"

"Uh... well..."

"Don't see why you'd wanna talk to me."

"Well cause you live here," she said and then half winced, because was that what he did. Could undead things live? Or should she have said haunt? "This is your home, and it's mine now..."

"This house doesn't belong to you."

"Uh... the bank would say otherwise."

That made the boy frown. "You can't stay here. You gotta leave. I won't let you hurt them."

"Whoa! I'm not here to hurt anyone!" she said. "And I'm not leaving. I bought this house, fair and square, so we're going to have to figure out a way to live together."

The little boy glared at her for a little while longer and she waited to see what he would say.

Eventually she got impatient and asked: "Who's they?"

And then he vanished again.

Yeah. Helpful.

"Hey uh... before you actually vanish, quick question did someone actually get murdered in here?"

The little boy appeared by the door that time a mischievous look on his face. He didn't say anything, but he nodded.

Then he was gone again and Angelica no longer felt comfortable in that room.

Yeah, maybe this would be a wheelchair accessible room. She'd move to a different room. Maybe on the second floor.