Bryan .5

"Kyle!" she cried and the monster in front of her cringed, shrinking at the sound of the disappointment in her voice. He turned back to her and she could almost tell that he was hurt by her reaction. "Aw... come on, I mean... thank you but did you have to be so... is he even alive?"

Kyle glanced over the display case that had been between her and Cooper Davroe and then nodded.

Yeah, she wasn't going to trust that.

Though she shouldn't have, she went over to the divider, and walked around to check on him. She meant to just check his pulse before she called 911. It would give her time to think of what she was going to say.

Was she going to have come in and found him? Would she say that they were talking and he just dropped?

Guess it would depend on whether or not this man had a pulse.

She was lucky though, because when she bent down to check on him, he did, in fact, have a pulse. Great, so this wasn't another tally to add to the people that Kyle had killed in the name of protecting her.

Babs, on the other hand, wasn't as happy. The second Angelica got close the little boogie hiding in her hair had started hissing.

Angelica ignored her, of course, but that didn't stop her. She just kept hissing, like she was warning something away.

"What is the matter with you?" Angelica cried as she stood up. Now that she knew that Devroe was alright, she could kind of relax.

She still had that 911 phone call to make but she couldn't do it while a boogie was hissing on her shoulder.

Problem was, the second she stood up, Babs threw herself off of her shoulder. She landed on the counter top, hissing, all of her feathers puffed up, her tail straight up in her agitation.

"What are you doing?!"

But then she jumped at something and Angelica realized that she was fighting with another creature. She'd guess another boogie, cause it would explain a lot. The second she hit it, they became a blur of purple and red. Her hisses were joined by screeching and Angelica couldn't tell what was Babs and what was the thing she was fighting.

"Stop it! We don't know where that's been!" Angelica cried.

She reached out to grab Babs, but what she got was two boogies on her. They both were running up her arm, running around her torso, and while Angelica tried to swat them off they were all too fast. This left her looking and feeling much like something out of a cartoon or really bad comedy movie. Twirling in a circle yelping over and over, while trying to figure out where the two small creatures were so she could swat them off of her.

"Help. Help. Kyle!"

For a moment she thought Kyle wasn't going to move to help her. To be fair, she'd deserve it. She was rather ungrateful about him saving her from Davroe. But he roared. One long loud roar and both boogies squeaked.

Babs ran right up into Angelica's hair, shivering into the nape of her neck as if trying to hide herself away from Kyle in Angelica's pulse.

The other one dove right off of Angelica and, with a soft melodic thump, landed inside the guitar.

Angelica stood there for a moment catching her breath, both her and Kyle were staring hard at the guitar, waiting for any sort of movement. But nothing came.

When she was ready she took a deep steadying breath and then said: "Okay come on out."

After a moment a little head popped out of the guitar, slowly as if it were scared. It probably was considering Kyle's roar.

It was a little red owl head, and as it climbed out of the guitar she could see that, unlike Babs who was half owl, half cat, this one was half ape. Just like Babs it had feathers all on its head and down it's back, but the rest was fur. It was bigger then Babs, both thicker and taller, and it was all varying red colors.

It eventually climbed down from the guitar and then looked her up and down.

"I should have brought Kevin," she muttered. "Right, would I be right in thinking that you were making the owner give your guitar to me?"

It chirped at her and she guessed that was a yes.

"Is that guitar your totem?" Yet another chirp. "Okay... and you want me to take you then?" Another chirp. "Okay, why?"

The little boogie stared up at her and she realized that she had no idea how to communicate with it.

"Okay... look... say I take you home... you can't be fighting with my other boogie... and..."

There was a squawk from the boogie hiding in her hair. She figured it was a complaining squawk at first but when she looked up there were flashing red and blue lights in the window.

They must have been loud enough to disturb the neighbouring businesses.

"Aw... crap-sticks," she muttered under her breath.

Yeah, that wasn't good.