Teddy .7

For the rest of the day the ghost was in her peripherals. Just like Kyle had been when they first started their relationship.

He, however, mostly left her alone though, so she busied herself with picking which room she wanted to make her own.

While she was looking, she actually found this little Annex, this floor of the house, just below the attic. One of the families must have turned into a residence. It had it's own little kitchenette, a small bathroom, a desk area and a the bed all in one open concept area.

There was even a small table with chairs.

The original pictures were obviously rushed, because they had not done this space justice. In fact, she had almost thought that it was a different room entirely.

That was going to be her place. Like... forever.

She could not wait to decorate.

It took her and Kyle an hour but they got all her boxes up the three flights to the floor that was going to be hers.

Tomorrow would be all about unpacking the room and setting it up. Tonight, though she was going to have Kyle stay with her... and Chad... and Babs. Maybe even Kevin too if he wasn't too sassy.

But the real drama happened after dinner.

This dinner included Kraft Dinner for Kevin, a frozen TV dinner, meatloaf, for Chad—who ate it plastic and all—and two peanut butter sandwiches. One was for her, and she used a cookie cutter to cut out a circle for Babs, and then handed the three decker peanut butter sandwich to Kyle who downed it in one bite.

Angelica couldn't sit down to her own meal until everyone else had been fed, which meant she was basically eating by herself. Kevin had eaten the whole pot of Kraft Dinner before Angelica had finished microwaving the TV dinner. Chad had finished his TV dinner before Angelica had finished the first sandwich. Both had retired back to the room that was called the parlour.

Chad to his couch and Kevin to his chimney.

Kyle had blinked away once he had swallowed his own sandwich, probably because he was having fun getting used to all the new shadows in the house. The only monster who had stayed was Babs who had patiently waited to eat her sandwich until Angelica could join her.

It was now in between her two lavender paws as she nibbled at it. Angelica took one bite and then...

"What'chu eating miss'us?"

Angelica practically jumped out of her chair. She didn't but she did drop her sandwich. Even Babs chirruped in surprise.

She turned wide eyes onto the little ghost child who had appeared beside her without a bit of warning.

"Jeeze! You have got to stop doing that." When the little boy just stared at her she sighed and said: "It's a peanut butter sandwich. You ever had one of those before?"

She wasn't entirely sure when peanut butter was invented, but she was going to guess not while this guy was alive.

"I don't think so, miss'us."

Okay why did he keep calling her that? He needed to stop doing that.

For a moment the two of them stared at each other. This was the longest he had stayed around her, so she was guessing there was a reason for that, she just had to wait for him to get to the point.

"You can't stay here."

And there it was.

"I can and I am," she said primly. "You can be annoyed all you want, but the quicker you come to terms with the fact that we're your new roommates the better it will be."