Teddy .2

It was the blaring honk of a truck horn that woke her up.

And not a nice little toot-toot either, this was one long note of pure anger as someone slammed their palm down on that horn and held it.

Angelica, in a fit of desperation, had driven past the town's only hotel and decided she didn't want to pay astronomical prices for what was basically a discount motel. She had also driven past what was listed as a motel and wouldn't have passed as a homeless shelter and decided she didn't want any of the diseases or bugs that were in that place either.

She had had no choice but to sleep in the back of her car, which she had parked at the bottom of the driveway just before the gilded fence like the house had suggested.

She didn't remember falling asleep, but she must have, because a truck was honking at her to get up and she had a feeling she knew exactly who that was.

She got up, got out of her car, waved at the unimpressed looking movers, and then got into the front seat.

She drove her car back up to the front of the house with the moving truck following her. She got out, ran to the front door and opened it.

She stuck her head and in and said: "Look they're just dropping off my stuff and then they're leaving, me and you can duke it out when they're done," to the empty house and then rushed back to the two men who were now out of the truck and in the process of emptying the back.

"Hi! You guys made it! Uhm... if you could get everything into the house that would be great, I can move everything once it's in there."

Yes because Kyle had the strength of like 5 adult gorillas. He lifted her dresser, while it was full, above his head without breaking a sweat. Granted he was threatening to throw it at Kevin at the time during one of their spats, but still.

The two men were looking at her funny but she was too busy looking at her stuff, looking for any sign of her monsters. They had to be going stir crazy at this point.

"Any trouble on the road?" she asked tentatively.

She figured having four monsters in the back of their truck would mean weird things happening.

"I mean other then a few bumps in the road, nothing too serious."

Out of the two men, she had only seen one talk.

The larger one, his name was either Travis or Ted, but he was at least 6 foot, and every time she had seen him he was wearing a moving company hoody with a matching baseball cap. He rarely smiled, seemed no nonsense about everything, but had all the answers.

The other man with him, liked white tee-shirts and jeans. He didn't talk as much, which was why she didn't know his name at all. He was more wide then he was tall, but in the muscular sense. He did most of the heavy lifting as well.

Between the two of them they had had no trouble packing her stuff into the moving truck.

They took the first couple of boxes out, and right away she could hear a din. A shrill ringing.

She scrambled to where the boxes were starting to pile up next to her car and tore open the one that she knew she had packed with extra care.

The second it opened she was assaulted by the ringing of Bab's alarm clock. She tore it out of the bubble wrap and saw that somehow, the glass face of the clock had cracked.

She knew she was going to have to ask her monsters how that happened. She had told them to keep their totems safe, to not play with them while they were moving. Someone must not have listened.