Chapter FIFTY-FOUR

Elijah's P. O. V

All I felt was rage. The anger that flowed through me wasn't because of a single event. It's because someone took my Alex, It's because Nick doesn't care if they find her or not within twenty-four freaking hours.

I could hear Nick's footsteps as he followed behind me. Holding my palms by my side, I stormed faster towards my car. Walking towards the driver's side, I opened the door and sat, waiting impatiently for Nick to get into the car.

Placing my hands on the steering wheel, I drummed my fingers on it as I watched Nick walk closer to the car from the window. Nick opened the door and got into the car. He sat down patiently and brought out his phone, typing on it calmly.

"What are you doing?" I asked irritatingly.

"Just drive. Let's go home" Nick answered, still focused on the phone.

"I'm starting to think you have something to do with Alex missing" I blurted, looking straight ahead.

Nick's gaze switched to the side of my face, burning a hole into it. I started the car and begun to drive, keeping my gaze on the road.

Nick didn't say anything but diverted his gaze back to his phone. I scoffed as I continued driving, doubt filling my senses. Does Nick really have something to do with Alex? Did he plan this because he know Alex does not have feelings for him as he does her?

I shook my head in distaste at my thoughts. Come to think of it, he was the only one there when Alex was kidnapped. Is this all a plan work of Nick? So he can have Alex to himself?

I reached a roundabout and swerved the steering wheel, sighing. The whole car ride was quiet till we got home. I parked in the driveway and got out immediately, not waiting for Nick.

Nick followed behind me. I clenched my jaw, remembering my thoughts earlier. I got to the front door and stopped to check Nick. I looked back and saw him walking towards the gate.

"Where are you going?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him.

He stopped and looked at me, his gaze hard. "To find Alex" He answered.

I furrowed my eyebrows and frowned. Hm...strange "I'll help" I said.

"No. Stay here" He insisted. I parked my lips in doubt. Is he really going to find Alex? Or this is just part of his plan?

"Okay" I nodded. He sighed and got out of the gate as the guard opened it for him. I narrowed my eyes at him suspiciously. What is he up to?

I watched as he hailed a cab and got into it. I waited for the cab to go out of sight before heading inside my house. I was greeted with the worried faces of my mom and sister. My dad was rather calm, seated on the chair in the sitting room and flipping through a page on the newspaper.

"Elijah!" My mom gasped before coming to hug me. My sister glared at me from afar while my dad calmly looked up from his newspaper.

My mom released me from her hold and cupped my face, tears running down her face. "Mom, please don't cry" I said, cupping her face and wiping off her tears.

"How could you make us scared like that? You just left the house like that and we saw the news." My sister yelled at me. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"The news?" I asked.

"Yes! Where were you? What's going on with you these days? You don't stay home anymore. You're not the son I raised" my mom said, looking at me with glassy eyes. Her brown eyes shone in disappointment.