Chapter SIXTY- ONE

Nicholas's P.O.V

"Can you check if those men and Axel are connected in some way?" I asked.

"That's very complicated but I'll check if I can" Chad said.

"I'll be right back" I said as I excused myself from the room. I need a smoke. Fuck, I need a fucking smoke.

I passed the backdoor and ended up outside. Everywhere was already dark and misty. I rubbed my palms together and patted my pockets in search of a lighter and cigarettes. But I was met with nothing.

I groaned loudly and kicked a random stone to the wall. It bounced and fell on the ground. "Fuck!" I yelled to the dark.

"Cigarette?" Someone offered behind me. I turned around, startled. It was Cally.

I stared at the Cigarette, hard. Then I looked away. She doesn't like it if I smoke. "No, thanks" I forced out.

"You obviously need one. You're frustrated" Cally scoffed.

"I don't smoke anymore" I sighed. I saw her raise an eyebrow from the corner of my eye.

"You don't? Wow. Okay" She shrugged. She lit her cigarette and started to smoke.

"I really want to kill those bastards" I said with gritted teeth.

"The last time I saw you like this was when...that... happened with Zoey" She said. I didn't say anything and continued staring at the distance.

She is right. What's going on with me these days? I need to think straight. I shouldn't let my feelings disturb anything. I just like her a little bit and it will leave soon. It's just a matter of time.

"She must be someone special--" Cally said again, taking a deep drag. She blew it out slowly.

"She's just a friend" I cut her off. She narrowed her eyes at me, moving closer.

She stood in front of me and I maintained a straight face. She went on her toes and moved so close that our noses were almost touching. I could smell the smoke from her breath.

"Hm....just a friend." She said. I raised an eyebrow. "Okay. Okay" she smirked, stepping back.

The backdoor opened and Chad's head popped between the space. "Found it" he said. I looked at him and nodded.

I gave Cally a nod before following Chad back into their base. Hakim cleared his throat and looked at me.

"Turns out the guys were also criminals. From what I found out, they've been quite close with Axel while he was in prison" Hakim said.

I bit my lower lip in thought. "So there's a possibility that Axel helped them escape prison and in return, they decided to help him kidnap Alex" I said.

"Probably" Cally said, walking into the room. "That's how criminals work. There are no favors. It's always a benefitting deal for both parties" she added.

I nodded in agreement. "Yeah. So since I can't track Axel because there's no trace of him anywhere near Alex. Let's track those men instead" I suggested.

Chad snapped his fingers. "Bingo! That's a nice idea" he said.

Cally stretched her arms. "Well, this is getting interesting. I feel like we'll be beating up some people and it's making my blood rush. I'm so excited" Cally giggled.

I eyed her and scoffed. "You won't be beating up anyone Cally" I said.

"Oh come on! So after all these information, what will you do? Let them go?" She whined.