Chapter EIGHTY- THREE

Alexandrea's P.O.V

I dropped my phone after texting Bex that I'm at Nick's place. I laid down on my back with a plop and sighed. He copied my action.

"I like you" Nick blurted out. I turned my head to look at him but he wasn't looking at me. He was looking up at the ceiling. "Heck, I don't know even know what love feels like but I think I love you"

His confession warmed my insides and I couldn't help the smile that appeared on my face. I probably look like a tomato right now. Who knew I was going to end up here on in this room, laying next to the boy that I can't seem to get off my mind and watching him confess his feelings to me. I guess life really did have a way of messing up your life but for once, I liked this mess. I want this mess.

He turned his head, facing me. "I understand if you need time to think--" He started then I realized I have not given him a response so I cut him off.

I shook my head. " What? No! I don't need time. I just got a lost in my thoughts for a minute" I said.

He nodded and looked back up at the ceiling. "Right"

"I like you too" He looked at me, I continued "A lot. I like you a lot" I chuckled to myself. Well, there are some things you can't imagine yourself saying to certain people but life is full of surprises.

He smiled. "It's okay. Don't feel pressured to say the word"

I smiled back. I really like him but love....I don't know but I for sure will find out.

"Plus how can you not like me? I mean, look at me" He smirked and I rolled my eyes with a smile.

"Please, you're not in any way a pleasant sight" Lie. Big lie.

"Of course, that's why you can't resist me" He said, his sentence dripping with sarcasm. I let out a laugh.

"What? I can" I said and his gaze danced between my eyes, wearing a smirk. in a flash, he propped himself above me. My eyes widened.

"Is there something wrong?" He asked in a mocking tone.

I swallowed my saliva and stole a quick glance at his arms that were on both sides of my head on the bed so he could support his weight. "No" I answered.

"Good" he muttered and slowly inched his faced towards mine. My gaze fell to his lips that always seemed to teleport me to a different world whenever they met mine. When did all this happen? When did I become this smitten with this boy? I don't have the answers to these questions popping up in my head but what I definitely knew was that I liked this. I like this feeling and I never want to end.

Right before his lips met mine, the door swung open and I pushed him off of me in a hurry. I sat up to met Daisy's half smile and raised eyebrows. I heard a pain filled grunt and I gasped. Shit, Nick.

I quickly stood up and crouched beside him on the floor. He scrunched his face and held the side of hi abdomen, hissing. "I'm so sorry"

"What a nice way to start our relationship" He narrowed his eyes at me and I bit my lower lip in embarrassment.

"I'm really sorry. Someone barged in and--" Wait, Daisy is still at the door. My gaze darted to the door and she was still there, smiling at us in amusement. Us.....I like the sound of that.

"Sorry to interrupt your moment but lunch is ready and I don't want ir to get cold so you should hurry up" She announced.

"Okay, we'll be outside in a minute." Nick narrowed his eyes at Daisy and she chuckled.

"I'll leave this open" She left the door open giving me knowing stare and Nick pouted. My face warmed up.

"We were not doing any thing so that is alright" I quickly said and she nodded before leaving.

I looked at Nick and glared before slapping his arm. He winced in pain. "Ow! Is your love language violence?"

I rolled my eyes at him, laughing. "Come on, let's go and eat before your grandma comes to a conclusion that I'm some sort of nasty girl"

I put my hand at his waist an he put an arm over my shoulder. I stood up to I could help me up but he dragged me down with him making me fall with a thud on his chest and my face hovering above his.

Lines formed on his forehead and I instantly knew it was because of my weight on him. He was still healing from the injury. He pecked my lips. "I like nasty girls"

"Shut it, mister. Let's go eat" I narrowed my eyes, blushing profusely and making no attempt to move from my position.

"You have to stand up first though" he raised his eyebrows I didn't want to stand up.

I quickly stood up and heaved a breath. He groaned and followed suite. "Let's go" He stretched out his palm. I took his hand, tangling our fingers as a warm feeling spread throughout my stomach. I'm completely smitten.

We walked out of his room together and I was met with Zoey's teasing gaze and Daisy's mischievous smile. They knew.

"Gosh, look at them holding hands! So cute!" Zoey shrieked out of the blue and I laughed.

We sat down and ate. When I was done, I went to his room to take my bag, ready to leave.

"I should head home" I mentioned as I got to the sitting room.

"I'll drop you" Nick stood up and I waited for him to get his keys. I hugged Zoey and Daisy goodbye and headed out.

We got into Nick's car and he started to drive. There was silence, the comfortable, as I stared out the window but I could feel Nick's gaze occasionally darting to the side of my face.

I caught his gaze and smiled. "What?"

"Nothing" he said as he focused back on the road. In a minute, he looked at me again like he's not convinced that I'm real.

"You should really focus on the road" I chuckled and he did.

"My bad. You're just really pretty" I flushed and cupped both of my cheeks.

"Stop that. At this rate, my complexion might permanently turn to red" I said and he burst into laughter. "Plus, are you just realizing that?" I pouted, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"No. You've always been pretty in my eyes" He answered and I stared at him. He smiled, knowing I was looking at him. "If you keep looking at me like that, I might have to stop the car"

I quickly looked away and took one of his hand that was resting on the gear and tangled our fingers. "I don't know what love feels like but I think I love you" I muttered, staring at our hand. He was silent for a while before blurting out.

"I'm stopping the car"

××××××××××××
07/03/2023