Chapter SIXTY- THREE

Nicholas's P.O.V

The silence in the room was deafening. "What's wrong Hakim?" I asked him again. Hakim sighed and folded his arms.

"They're in a building that was formerly a warehouse but the problem here is I don't know if that's where the girl is as well. This might be a trap" he said, looking displeased.

I sighed and suddenly a red dot popped up on the computer screen catching my attention and Hakim's. "What's that?" I asked curiously.

"Someone just turned on their location in the building" Hakim answered. My hope rose up as I looked at my friends. "I'll send the location to your phone"

Zoey rushed over to me as Elijah and Eddy followed. "Could it be her?" Zoey perked up looking at me.

I didn't answer, not knowing the answer myself. All I knew was that I had to be at that location if she is there. "Let's find her" I said, my mouth firing a thin line.

"Wait, what if she's not there or what if she's...you know...." Cally said and the thought of the latter made my stomach turn in fear. I don't know what I'll do with myself if she is.

"No! Don't say stuff like that and let's be optimistic" Zoey protested and Elijah gave me a look before nodding.

"Won't we need weapons or something? I'm pretty sure we can't just barge in there and take her" Eddy suggested.

I raised my eyebrows at him. "You guys won't need anything. I don't want any of you getting hurt"

Zoey rolled her eyes at me. "You're such a dad. We can't just go there empty handed."

I looked at Elijah. He has been quiet the whole time. I can't get mad at him-- Okay, I'm mad at him for not trusting me."They have a point. We'll need guns or something" he agreed.

I groaned, dragging my right palm over my face in annoyance. "None of you are getting guns. Come with me" I said as I gave Hakim a look, asking for permission.

Hakim nodded at me, granting it. I walked to a side of the room and opened the black door that blended with the wall. The door opened and there are equipments ranging from hammers to knives.

Zoey rushed to a large axe and lifted it up with ease "I want this" she smirked. I shrugged at her and she giggled, swinging the axe violently to try to show me she has skills. I rolled my eyes at her and watched as Eddy walked towards the knives.

His hands grazed over the different shapes and sizes of the knives stopping at a chef's knife and putting it in his back pocket. Then he picked up a cleaver and faced me, smirking playfully. "It chose me" he said dramatically.

I smirked back at him and chuckled. I looked at Elijah who was standing by the entrance. "Pick yours" I said to him.

He looked uncomfortable and walked over to me. "Why don't we just leave this to the police? I don't think it's safe" he complained. I sighed.

"The police won't start searching until after twenty four hours and I'm not that patient. You can choose to stay back and we'll go. " I said.

He gave me a long gaze. "I'm sorry for what I said back then, blaming you for Alex's disappearance. That's was stupid of me" he said.

"Yes it was. You're forgiven. Now make your pick and let's go" I chuckled at him. He smirked back at me and went straight to the hammer, picking two. "Soft" I commented as he grinned at me.

"Can I come too?" Cally appeared, leaning on the door.

"No, Cally. Stay here" I said sternly. She tsked and rolled her eyes before leaving.

Walking out of the equipment room, I slammed it shut and begin to walk towards the computer room's door. "Alright, we'll see y'all later?" Frank said and I nodded.

We walked out of the room and closed the door. Walking along the hallway that brought us here in the first place, we eventually got out of the incomplete building.

We all walked towards Eli's car and got inside. Eli sat in the driver's seat and I sat in front with him. Eddy and Zoey sat in the back seat. I dipped my hand under the front seat and pulled out my gun, shocking everyone else in the car.

"Holy shoot! What the hell Nick?!" Zoey yelled at me, smacking my head.

I hissed in pain "What? What did I do?" I said, rubbing the spot she hit me.

"You scared us all that's what you did!" She snapped. I rolled my eyes at her and cocked the gun.

"It's not like I shot anyone" I muttered. "Let's go" I faced Elijah.

He started the car and I connected my phone to the car's visual screen making the location Hakim sent to me show on the screen. "Okay, that's where we're headed" I said and Elijah started to zoom down the road.

Alexandrea's P.O.V

I have been staring at the phone for a while now wondering how the woman had been feeling without her daughter. It must have been hard for her. I'm sure she was forced into all of these. Was she kidnapped like me too? Did Axel make her like this?

I had a lot of questions which required answers but I'm not sure if I'll get them. Silently standing up from the bed, I looked around for a possible exit. I have to find a way out. I can't just sit here like a damsel in distress waiting for a prince in shining armor.

There has to be a way out of her besides the door. I was wrong. From the ceiling and door to the tiles floor and walls, everywhere was cream in colour. Giving up, I sighed and leaned against the wall opposite the door as I fell in the opening that suddenly appeared on the wall.

"What the fuck!" I groaned in pain as I looked at the bruise that had already formed on my elbow. I looked around, standing up slowly. Did the wall just open?

There was a long hallway leading to the darkness. My mouth curved up in a big smile. "The exit!" I whisper-yelled. Wasting no time, I started to run into the darkness not caring where it led me to as long as it was out of the room I was originally kept in.

I kept on running, listening to the sound of my own heavy breathing. I'm finally free! I collided with wooden a door and due to the impact, fell to the ground. "Ow!" I groaned in pain again. I stood up and searched blindly for a handle till I found one.

I opened the door and I was in another room. A soft gasp escaped my lips as my gaze met my mother's.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Hello sweethearts,
I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Feel free to vote, share, follow and let me know what you think in the comments section.

Thanks for reading ♥
18/12/2021