Chapter FIFTY- EIGHT

Elijah's P.O.V

I woke up with a smile. Not because I found any situation funny but because I had a splendid night.

"Morning handsome" Stephanie greeted as she walked into the room in her Minnie Mouse printed pyjamas. On her hand, is a tray containing a cup of tea and a covered plate.

"Morning Stephanie" I smiled as she dropped the tray on the bed and sat beside me. She placed a kiss on my chin and opened the covered plate with a proud grin.

"Toast bread" I raised an eyebrow, impressed. It was a bit burnt at the edges but it her than that it looked yummy.

I stood up from the bed and the smile fell from her face. "Let me guess, you're leaving again" she frowned, looking at me.

I chuckled and shook my head. "Do you have a spare toothbrush?" I asked and her smile returned.

"Yes, I'll be right back!" She giggled before walking out of the room.

I walked into the bathroom and stared at the mirror. I looked happy. No frown or worry creases. Everything felt perfectly fine. Except, it wasn't. I mentally face palmed myself and couldn't believe I forgot my main reason for coming here.

Alex. I need to get her back here. I sighed and rubbed bed the bridge of my nose in worry. I hope she's okay.

"I'm back! Did you miss me?" She joked as she held a brand new toothbrush. My face broke into a small smile as she handed me the brush.

"Thanks" I said and she winked.

"Always welcome. Now hurry up so you can eat breakfast, your tea is getting cold" she scolded before leaving the bathroom.

I sighed and face the mirror, applying toothpaste on the brush. I started to brush, scolding myself for getting carried away by Stephanie.

I finished brushing and washed my mouth as well as my face. Taking one last look at the mirror, I stepped out of the bathroom.

Stephanie stood in an intimidating manner right outside the bathroom, tapping her foot repeatedly. "Took you long enough" she narrowed her eyes.

"Sorry" I pouted and her demeanor changed. She rolled her eyes and smiled at me. We both walked back to the bed and sat down opposite each other, the tray sitting in our middle.

I looked at her before I took a sip of my tea. It was too milky but not too bad. I took another sip and Stephanie sighed in relief.

She picked up one of the toast bread and fed it to me. I took a bite and she raised an eyebrow expectantly. "Well?" She asked, impatiently.

The toast bread was a bit too crunch for my liking but I gave her a thumbs up and she broke into a grin. She watched as I ate, her smile never dropping until I finished eating.

"Thank you, Stephanie. For everything" I said, appreciatively. She smiled and shook her head.

"No, thank you for not leaving" she said before she stood up and carried the tray. "I'll leave you to freshen up. If you need help with that, you know where to find me" she winked seductively before swaying her hips out of the room.

I sighed, falling backwards into the bed. This is too much for me. I can't handle it. But I don't want to hurt either Steph or Alex. But for now, I have to find Alex as soon as possible.

"Luke" I muttered, remembering our agreement. I quickly got up and got in the shower.

In about ten to fifteen minutes, I was already dressed up in yesterday's clothes. I picked up my wrist watch and put it on. Stepping out of the room, I skipped down the stairs to bid Stephanie goodbye.