Chapter FORTY-ONE

Alexandrea's P.O.V

I held my phone and bag tightly as I waited outside my house for Bex. I called her to come and pick me a few minutes ago. My hair was in it's usual ponytail and I stuck with my plain face. Eli never called throughout the night and I'm worried. I rocked back and forth in my sneakers as I checked the time on my wristwatch.

I saw her car from a distance and waited for her. She got to my side and I jogged to the passenger seat. I entered and closed the door, using my seatbelt. "Morning" I muttered.

"Morning. What's going on Alex? Eli told me the things that happened. He actually told Zoey and I yesterday so start explaining" she said, giving me a stern look.

I bit my lip as I looked at her. "It's a long story, Bex. I'll tell you and Zoey everything after school" I said and she narrowed he eyes at me before starting the car. How could Eli tell them? He never even asked if I was okay with them knowing about this whole thing going on!

"Okay. You better" she said with a frown and started to drive down the street. I faced the window and watched people pass by. My life was a mess. I don't know who to trust and who not trust. Should I have told Nick what happened the other day? What if he was part of the people that caused it? I mean, he obviously relates with Danny so how can I trust him when he's seems sketchy. But I know he'll never hurt me, I don't know how but I just knew that he wouldn't. And about Lucas....

"Bex?" I called and she glanced at me.

"Hm?" She hummed in response. Would she believe me?

"How's Lucas?" I asked, with a small voice. A grin suddenly appeared on her face and her eyes lit up in happiness.

"He's doing good. He's been really romantic these days" she sighed with a smile. "I think he's the perfect one for me. He always makes me smile and feel those butterflies, you know" she added, looking at me. I was wearing a big frown. This is bad, this is really bad.

"That's... good" I forced a smile on my face. Oh shit, what should I do? Should I tell her? Should I not?

"Yeah. He said he has a surprise for me this Friday. I'm so excited" she squealed just when we entered the school parking lot. "And Alex, whatever is going on, please don't let it change you, don't push me away Alex. Please" she added after parking, as she stared at me.

I gave a her a small smile "I can't assure you that it won't change me but I'll never push you away, I promise." I assured her. She smiled and squeezed my hand.

We both got out from the car and as usual, Bex got greetings here and there from passing students. I walked to my locker and took my books. I walked to my class and I saw Eli talked with Nick and Eddy as I walked over to them. Thank God they're all fine.

"Hey" I greeted as I got there. Nick rolled his eyes and left the group, leaving me with Eli and Eddy. What's up with him?

"It's been a while, how are you Alex?" Eddy grinned and I smiled back.

"Yeah. We should catch up some time" I said and he hummed in response. I couldn't help but feel some sort of way with him since I knew he was hiding something from me.

"Yeah, we should. I've gotta go to class, bye Alex" he said and left hurriedly.

"Hey" Eli said with an awkward smile.

My smile turned upside down. "Why didn't you call last night?" I asked, getting annoyed.

"I'm so sorry, I forgot. I was busy" he said and enveloped me in a hug, kissing my hair. My anger dissolved a little.