Chapter SIXTY- TWO

Elijah's P.O.V

I sighed as Nick did a facepalm on the sight of the three of us. He rubbed the bridge of his nose, hissing.

He looked at the man leaning in the table. "I apologize for the inconvenience, Venom. Yes, they came looking for me"

Zo's eyes were filled with fear. She gulped at the sight of the man. The man noticed her staring and he looked at her, smirking. "Remember me?" He asked.

She looked away immediately, leaving his question unanswered. Eddy shifted his chair closer to her and I could see him holding her hand at the back of the chair.

"Hunter, Hunter, Hunter..." Venom sang as he stood up and walked towards Nick. "Don't mess things up for me. I don't know what's going on but whatever it is, make sure it doesn't affect the business. I don't want to have to kill one of my best men" he said, stopping beside Nick.

"I'm clear. I'll make sure it doesn't affect anything" Nick said, plain faced.

Zoey, Eddy and I watched carefully as Venom left the room, leaving us and Nick alone. The other guy I assumed to be his guard followed Venom, giving us a threatening look before stepping out.

Nick faced us squarely, glaring at us. "Explain" he said, raising an eyebrow.

"I can explain" Zoey gulped. I could see Eddy rubbing her palm with his thumb to calm her down.

"I'm listening, Zoey" Nick said, folding his arms and standing in front of her. She was not able to say anything. Nick rolled his eyes and got behind her chair to loosen the rope that tied both her hands together.

"Ouch!" She yelped as he loosened the rope. I was quiet throughout because of the guilt I felt.

"Don't 'ouch' me, Zoey because we both know what happened the last time you were here. What were you looking for?! I clearly told you I could handle this on my own. This is my shit. Just leave this to me for God's sake!"  Nick yelled at Zoey as he angrily tossed the rope her untied from her wrist to the ground.

She bent her neck, looking at the ground, still sitting on the chair and rubbing her wrist.

Edward shifted in his chair, looking at Nick. "She just wanted to help Nick. Stop yelling at her" He said.

"Yeah man. We are all here to help" I added. He sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose.

"Yes. Yes, I know you want to help but this is not something so trivial. I think you should all go home" Nick said, his mouth forming a thin line to show how much he didn't like the situation at hand.

"She's my bestfriend Nick" Zoey said, scanning Nick's face. "Why are you hell bent on finding her yourself?" She chipped in. The question caught my attention as I searched Nick's face which held a confused expression for a second. His expression melted into a scowl as he rolled his eyes at Zoey.

"She got kidnapped right under my watch that's why. If anything happens to her, I don't think I'll be able to forgive myself." Nick said as he begun to untie Eddy's wrist. He tossed the rope and then got to my side.

He narrowed his eyes at me before untying the rope on my wrist too. I looked away in guilt. I shouldn't have blamed him. I still have some doubts because if everything going on but that's doesn't justify anything.

"That sounds like an excuse to me" Eddy murmured but we all heard. Nick rolled his eyes and went to lean against the door.

"So what do you say, you all go home to rest and leave this for me to handle?" Nick raised his eyebrows.

"Nope"
"Stop dreaming"
"Shift young man" We all chorused. Nick sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose.

"Goddamn, I just had to have stubborn friends" he muttered under his breath and Zoey smirked.

"Whatever. So what are you doing? How can we help?" Zoey asked.

Eddy wrapped an arm around her shoulders as she leaned on him. I finally stood up from my chair and dusted invisible dirt from my jeans.

Nick gave us a long hard look before sighing. He turned around and opened the door. "Follow me" he said over his back.

We looked at eachother before doing as told. He got out of the room into a dimly lit hallway and started walking down it. We followed quietly. Does Venom own everything here? I wonder where Nick is taking us.

We finally got to the end of the hallway and in front of a metal door stood a huge man. Nick nodded at him and he gave us all scrutinizing looks before nodding back and opening the door.

Goosebumps rose on my skin. All these gang things is making my skin crawl. We entered after Nick into a room full of computers but there were only three people in the room. Their attention switched from the computer to our faces.

"They're gonna be helping" Nick stated, answering their questioning gazes.

"Jeez Nick. Learn some manners. Hi, I'm Cally" A girl of average height said, smiling at us.

Nick rolled his eyes. "There's no need for introductions, you won't be meeting again" Nick said as he walked over to a man looking a bit elderly.

Cally walked over to us and popped her gum, analyzing us with her gaze. "You're Zoey" she said, her gaze lingering on Zoey's face.

Zoey shifted in discomfort. "Yes, I am"

Cally smirked and nodded before walking away, leaving the three of us standing by the door awkwardly.

"How far with the men? Have you tracked them?" Nick asked the elderly man.

The man leaned in his chair and nodded. "Yes. I know where they are but there's a problem"

Nick furrowed his eyebrows and everyone's attention fell on the elderly man. "What is the problem?"

Alexandrea's P.O.V

I laid down flipping the android on my hand. An idea flashed in my head and I perked up and switched on the phone. I waited for it to boot. It had no lock so I swiped up and went to the settings.

I put on the location with a sigh. I heard the door open and I threw the phone beside me and sat on it. Luke came inside with a smirk.

"Seeing you helpless like this gives me a certain kind of joy. You're like a bird trapped in a cage. Just the way my dad was" Luke scowled at me.

"It all makes sense now. The way we met. Bex. All the things you asked her about me." I clenched my teeth, adjusting the way I say down due to the phone under me.

"What I feel for Bex is real. I love her" He defended.

I scoffed. "You think she's going to believe that after she finds out who you truly are?" I raised an eyebrow.

He shifted uncomfortably, glaring at me. I was obviously getting at him. "Who said she was going to find out?" He bit back.

"You think I'll keep my mouth shut as soon as I leave here?" I said maintaining our eye contact.

"Who said you were leaving here alive?" He chuckled darkly, shutting me up. I gulped and locked all pessimistic thoughts at the back of my mind. I've turned on the location. Either the police or my friends would find me soon.

"We'll see about that" I said, muttering enough courage. He smirked and stepped towards me. I kept my guards up as I sat up straight.

"Darling. Don't give yourself false hope" he whispered before winking and leaving the room, slamming the door.

I heaved out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I stood up and took the phone, staring at it. Please don't fuck me up. I silently prayed.

××××××××××××××××××××××××
Hello sweethearts,

So I'm back from my extremely long break XD
Don't forget to vote, comment, follow and share!

07/11/2021