Chapter TWENTY-FOUR

Alexandrea's P.O.V

"Hey, are you okay?" Eli asked as he followed me outside after my rant. I would have left but I came with Eli's car so I couldn't. I rested on the side of his car with my arms folded across my chest.

"Yeah" I said with a straight face.

"Look, I'm sorry for the way my parents are-"

"Don't apologize for what's not your fault and besides, I don't want to talk about it. I just want to go home" I said and smiled a little as I walked to the passenger side and reached for the handle. Eli opened the door before I could and I smiled at him then entered. He jogged to the driver's side and slid in.

The car ride was silent and I kept on glancing at him from time to time as he was focused on the road. Should I just tell him now? No! Wrong timing! Jeez, he's so cute! Maybe I should.....NO!

"You just can't get over how hot I am right?" He smirked as he shot me teasing look.

"Huh?!" I said, confused.

"You were staring so I'm guessing you can't get over how hot I am" he explained and my eyes widened as my cheeks burned in embarrassment.

"Wha- I-I wasn't staring" Seriously Alex?! That's what you could come up with?!

"Sure....." He dragged and I rolled my eyes at him. "But you can't deny the fact that I'm hot, can you?" He grins and my heart melted. How could a grin be so beautiful!!

"You're so ugly, you make me want to bawl my eyes out" I roll my eyes. As if! That's the exact opposite of how you look. Jeez! What's wrong with me?

"Yeah sure! I totally believe you" he says sarcastically and I jab him in the side. "So I was wondering if we could give the date another try? I mean if you would like?" He says with complete focus on the road as the tip of his ears turned pink.

I blushed and bit my lower lip "I don't know...." I didn't inform my mom that I was coming home late and Bex wanted to tell me how her date went so I can't do it today even if I really want to.

"It's fine if you don't want to, I just wanted to make it up to you for missing our date" he said still focused on the road as he drove on.

"It's not that I don't want to, it's just not planned. Maybe this Friday?" I suggested and he frowned a bit.

"I'm kind of busy this Friday...."he said trailing off.

"Oh" I said, frowning "Saturday?" I asked again hoping he'll be free.

"Okay, Saturday it is" be said and I smiled widely. We arrived at my house and he parked.

"I'm really sorry for today, it didn't turn out how I planned it to be" he apologized facing me in his seat and I placed my hand on his.

"Hey! It's okay!" I smiled and he nodded. I didn't want to but I asked anyway, "Do you want to come inside?" I asked hopefully.

"Right now?" He asked, a little surprised.

"You know what? Nevermind-"

"I'd love to" He cut me off and he got down then jogged to my side to open the door for me. I muttered a 'thank you' as I got down from his car.

We walked side by side to the door and I knocked because I didn't take my keys with me.

"Coming!" I heard from inside the house before my mom opened the door while wiping her hands with a hand towel and in and apron over her purple jersey and black jeans.

"Hello, you must be Nick, Come in" my mom smiled and my eyeballs almost popped out of my eyes as Eli walkies in giving my mom a confused look.

"It's Eli, mom" I corrected.