Chapter TWO

Alexandrea's P.O.V

"Alex" Someone shook me.

"C'mon Alex, wake up" the person shook me harder.I jolted awake scanning my environment in fear. My breathing calmed down as I met my mom's worried look.

"What happened? You were screaming and shivering. Was it another nightmare?"she asked with worry.

"Mom, I'm fine" I said wiping the beads of sweat off my forehead. She raised an eyebrow at me inquisitively.

"What? You don't have to worry, I can take care of them" I told her while standing up from my bed, ready to start the day.

She stood up from my bed giving me one last look before she left. I hate lying to my mum but she already has enough to worry about. I stripped off my clothing and got into the shower. I dug my fingers in my hair and started scrubbing after applying my favorite shampoo, a vanilla flavored solution and also my favorite body wash which is also vanilla flavoured.

I got out after satisfying myself and dried up. Putting on a black ripped jeans and a dark blue tank top, I adjusted my hair. Due to the cold, I wore my old hand- knitted sweater. I inhaled the soapy smell and smiled to myself. It was the only remembrance I had of my grandma. Well, she died when I was 15. I wore my boots and grabbed my school bag and headphone heading out.

I dropped my bag on the couch in the sitting room and joined my mum the dining. I started eating my food and scrolling through some pictures my crazy best friend posted on my phone. I noticed my mum was stealing a few glances at me occasionally and groaned while placing my phone on the table.

"Alex, are you sure you are okay?"she asked again as wrinkles formed on her forehead.

"Yes, I'm fine" I mumbled but loud enough for her to hear.

"Well, do you want to talk about it" she asked again oblivious to the fact that I was getting pissed.

"No" I mumbled again but louder this time. She thinks talking about my nightmares make me feel better?. Well it doesn't . Infact, I like to pretend I never had them. But honestly, I am afraid and scared telling anyone. Afraid they will become real. Afraid they will bring out my weakness. Afraid they would take over me. But I can't tell anyone. Even my best friend, Bexlee, does not know of them.

"Ok will you at least talk to a therapist" she asked hopefully.

"Mum I am okay. I don't need the help of a fucking therapist" I snapped and slammed my hand on the table. Hard. She flinched and stood up. I mirrored her actions and watched as she walked towards me.

"Alex..." She tried to press on but I moved back and carried my schoolbag. Stuffing my airphone inside, I looked at her and saw the hurt in her eyes.

"Bye" I said and left the house for my car. I owned a red Forbes and yes, I am a sucker for cars. I slid into my baby and sped off to space. Haha! which was school of course.

I parked my car and entered the hell hole. I squinted my eyes trying to find my idiot of a friend but to no avail. I strode to my locker, did my combination and took out my books for first period which was Psychology. I love psychology alot and maybe that's why the teacher hates me. While thinking of various ways Mr Chuks--the Psychology teacher-- could kill me, I sighed silently.

"Boo" I heard the all too familiar voice of my best friend. I jumped 10feet in the air out of fear before I realized it was her. I rolled my eyes dramatically.

"A simple good morning could have been done" I said tucking my waist long brown hair behind my ears.

"Oh,shut up" she said grinning at me before engulfing me in her famous hugs which were choking. And by choking, I meant extremely choking. I wiggled away from her hug and waited for her as she grabbed her books as well.

As soon as she was done, we begun to stroll down the hallway towards our classes. I listened to her continuous rambling of how her weekend went till we got to the road where we part. She had Geometry and she hates calculations. She completely loathes them. She dramatically mouthed 'save me' as she entered her class and I rolled my eyes at her, laughing.

I entered my class and sat down at the back. The class was going to start in two minutes so I brought out my sketchbook and let my imaginations take me away. Until the cruel ring of the bell brought me back to reality. I looked at the outcome of my sketch and shrugged closing it.

I brought my note and textbook out and watched as Mr Chuks taught the class and glanced at my side frequently. I noticed a mistake in his explanation and corrected him. He huffed and shooed me back to my seat in annoyance. Ive got to admit, it was embarrassing. I don't even know why he hates me so much. I sigh and decide, today is gonna be a long day.

××××××××××××××××××××××
Hello sweethearts,

So sorry for the short chapter but I'll do my best. Don't forget to vote,comment and follow.

Enjoy😘😘

28/5/2020