Chapter THIRTY-THREE

Nicholas's P.O.V

"Watch over her" I said to the person through the phone and hung up the phone call. I put the phone in my pocket and glanced outside to see that I've reached my destination.

"I'll drop here, thanks" I said to the driver and gave him some money "keep the change" I muttered and got down from the vehicle. The man zoomed off immediately--probably in fear-- and I made sure his car was fully out of sight before making my way to the abandoned building.

I nodded at the two hefty men at the entrance as they nodded back before opening the door for me.

"Nick" Jonathan, one of Venom's men nodded at me and I nodded back as I scanned the surrounding before leaning on the bar table. Jonathan was a really shy guy when I met him here but now? I don't think so. He has been in the business for more than five years now.

"Hey Nick" A familiar vibrated from behind me and I turned around to see the person. Of course, Danny. He walked over to my place and patted me on the back in greeting as I gave him an indifferent look. He awkwardly coughed and smiled again "So....how are you man? It's been a bit long"

"Cut the crap, what the hell do you want" I said coldly with a straight face. Danny's smile disappeared from his face replaced with a wicked smirk.

"Okay, lover boy. Venom will like to see you" he said and I raised an eyebrow "looks like someone got revenge on you" he winked and left. I understood what he was saying immediately. Venom already knows of my plan? I wouldn't be surprised but I kind of saw this coming. I just didn't expect it so early....

I began to make my way towards his office. Venom's office was at the far end of the building and it has a secret escape in case of any 'emergencies'. I saw one of Venom's girl. I recognized her tattooed body in a black tank top and black leather jeans. She had a bob cut black hair and piercings on her lip, tongue, eyebrow and chin.

She winked at me as I passed by her, smacking her lips while chewing on a bubblegum. I looked away immediately in disgust. Only God knows what else she pierced....

I knocked on Venom's door when I got in front of his office. "Come in" He said and I opened the door, recognizing the huge bald guy who was Venom's bodyguard standing at the far corner of the room. A mischievous smile appeared on Venom's face as he saw me making my blood boil "Nick, Nick, Nicholas" he sang as he stood up from his chair slowly.

He walked around his desk and sat on it facing me. I folded my arms on my chest, defensively with an impassive expression on my face. "You called for me?" I said monotonously. I had to show him that I wasn't afraid of him.

"Yes I did and I think you know why" he smirked. "The plan was smart, I must admit. But not smart enough. You didn't think I would find out did you?" He grinned wickedly.

"I did" I said, trying to keep up my expression with every word he said.

"Nick" he sighed " You can't leave. Ever. You asked me and I said No. So don't you get it? If you leave, I will find you. My men are everywhere so you can't hide" he said arrogantly as he picked up a pencil.

"If you try to outsmart me, I will just.." He paused and broke the pencil into two "Like this and you have nothing left. I can't risk letting one of my best men leave the business" he smiled and threw the broken pencil in the bin. My expression has faltered, a frown was etched in my face as his threat replayed in my head over and over again. He's just bluffing! I thought, trying to convince myself. I put my guard up again.

"You are just bluffing. I told you already when I wanted to join that I have no relation, no family and no one so I have nothing to loose" I said, keeping my voice cold.