Chapter THIRTY-EIGHT

Alexandrea's P.O.V

My heart hammered in my chest and my breathing became heavy. I gulped and closed my eyes as I felt a something cold press to the side of my head.

"Please...." I begged, whimpering. The action that followed next etched a frown on my face and got many questions on my mind.

"Gotcha!" I heard Nick's voice say and he started to laugh, falling on the backseat further. What the hell? What the actual fuck? Is this boy bananas?

I was angry. I was so so angry. I turned around to face Nick who was still laughing while clutching his stomach at the event that happened earlier. "What the fuck, Nick? Are you fucking crazy?" I yelled at him. I'm pretty sure smoke was coming from my nose and ears right now.

He continued to laugh. "You should've seen your face" He breathed out before resuming his laughter. I glared at him. I was literally burning holes on his skin.

"You think this is funny? How did you even get into my car! I'm pretty sure I locked it in the morning" I fumed as I yelled at him.

"Whoa! Calm down there, cranky. I picked it by the way, I didn't need your key" he smirked and I swatted his head upside.

"You stupid twig! Never pull this kind of joke on me again!" I yelled as I continued hitting him.

"Jeez. I've heard you. You're not fun" he pouted as I stopped hitting him. I rolled my eyes and grabbed one of the Cheetos from it's pack that was in my car. "Yum. Is that Cheetos?" He said and reached for my Cheetos.

"I settled his hands away "Ni, it's friend scorpions with dried human veins, stupid" I said sarcastically and he gave me a weird look.

"What- How did you even- Ugh! Nevermind" he shook his head. He reached for the Cheetos again and this time, I let him. He took one and threw it into his mouth.

"So....how's your granny?" I asked as I looked at him. He shrugged.

"She's better" he answered and I nodded. I was thinking of asking him about what Zoey and Eddy were talking about. He should know about it since he was the one that told Zoey not to say anything about it.

"Um.... Nick?" I called and he looked at me.

"Hm?" He hummed. I bit my lower lip before asking. "Remember some days ago? The day you guys missed school?" I asked, carefully.

"What about it?" He asked, as he took a bag if Cheetos from the pack. I choose to talk about his act of theft later.

"Why weren't you guys in school? And what happened to Zoey?" I asked and I bit my lip in anticipation.

"I wasn't going to come anyway and Zoey overslept" he answered, tight lipped. That's a lie. Zoey never over sleeps. Virtually everything in her life has timing.

"Zoey never oversleeps" I muttered and he heard me. His eyes looked with mine.

"That day was exceptional" he said and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"It's impossible. Why was she crying then?" I pushed and he groaned. I was testing his limit.

"Just fucking mind your own business, Alex" he growled in a low voice.

"Zoey is my business. I want to know what happened to her" I said and he closed his eyes. Then he opened it again.

"Alex..." He warned but I needed answers so I prodded on.

"Why? Tell me. Was she beaten up? Wait she threatened? Damn it! Just tell me Nick!" I raised my voice.

"Stop it! It's better to keep some things unknown because knowing them might cause problems that can't be fixed. Why can't just understand that and learn to mind your own fucking business!" He yelled at me and I flinched. Tears threatened to fall. Why would one of my best friends keep something from me?