Chapter EIGHTY-FOUR

Alexandrea's P.O.V

We got to my house and he escorted me to the lawn. We stood in front of my door, holding hands as we faced each other. "I don't know what happened with Axel but I want you to know that you didn't deserve any of it and it doesn't make you any less perfect" He said out of the blue.

I felt my heat skip a beat. "Nick..."

"I mean it" he smiled and cupped my face, planting a kiss on my forehead. "I'll see you later?"

I smiled. "Sure"

He let go of my hands and starts making his way back to his car. My mom opened the door, catching my attention. She pushed me to the side and rushed outside.

"Come back here, young man" she called as soon as Nick was about to reach for the handle of the car. His gaze darted to mine in panic.

"Shit" I muttered. My mom looked at me, both hands on her waist as she tapped a foot against the pavement.

"I think both of you have something to tell me" she said. Nick slowly made his way back toward my door. Shit, I think she saw us.

We entered and my mom closed the door, sitting on the one seater couch while Nick and I sat on the three seater that was directly opposite her. I feel like I'm being interrogated.

"Well?" She urged.

Nick looked at me as he rubbed his palms against each other. "Urm--"

"It's nothing, mom" I cut him off.

"What I saw was definitely not nothing" she narrowed her eyes at me, her index finger pointing forward. "I need an explanation" she crossed her legs.

"Mom--" I started but Nick beat me to it.

"We're dating" He took my hand in his

"What?" My mom frowned.

"Yes ma'am. I like--No, love your daughter" He said, smiling. I saw a sweat roll down the side of his head and felt the wetness of his palm.

Her face morphed into a giant grin and she clapped like a teenager, giggling. "Finally! You have my blessing. Took both of you long enough"

Nick broke into a nervous chuckle. "Hehe. She didn't want to admit it"

"Well,she can be.like that sometimes and I know she doesn't take after me" my mom narrowed my eyes at me.

I huffed. Ofcourse.

"But the beauty is definitely from you. Your skin is glowing" Nick flattered her and my mom was a flustered mess in a second.

"Oh Nick, come on, thank you"

I stood up, taking Nick with me. "Enough flirting with my mom, you can go now" I pouted as I dragged him to the front door.

My mom smiled as she watched us. "Aww someone's jealous" he teased.

I rolled my eyes. "Please, as if"

"You don't have to be, I'm all yours" he rained kisses all over my face and I cringed, not making any attempt to push him away.

"You're obsessed" I chuckled when he stopped.

"I am" he said dramatically, holding a hand over his chest.

"Okay, I've seen enough, you guys can head out now" My mom pushed us both out of the house as we laughed.

"Mom, I live here" I whined and she pulled me inside.

"Bye!" I yelled before my mom closed the door. She placed her hands on her waist as she gave me a knowing look. "No, goodnight mom" I said as I ran upstairs knowing very well she was planning to tease me.

As soon as I got to my room. I showered and changed into more comfortable clothes. I dialed Bex's phone number and watched it ring.

On the second ring, she picked and a piercing scream followed. "Girl! Zoey told me! Why didn't you tell me about you and Nick?"

Right. I am not surprised, not one bit.

"It just happened today?" I answered with a subtle chuckle. "I called to tell you" I played with my hair and my legs danced in the air.

"Pfft, you should have told me the moment it happened" she said and I rolled my eyes. "Anyways, I'm coming over tomorrow and I want you to prepare the everything. I don't want a summary, I want to know every little detail"

I laughed. Typical Bex. "Yes ma'am"

"Good. I have to go back to studying, mom says I'm transferring to a new school so I have to study for the entrance exams" she said. I stopped my legs.

"A new school? We can transfer together, why are you doing that now?" I pouted.

"She doesn't want to wait. Don't worry, I'll call you everyday" she promised and I sighed. I guess she needs it. I put her through all of this.

"Fine. I'm thinking of applying in a cooking school" I mumbled but she heard.

"What are you waiting for? Go for it! You've got what it takes"

A smile creeped up my face. "You think so?"

"I know so, Alex. Go for it" she yelled and I covered my ears.

"Jeez, you could've answered me normally" I hissed.

"Where's the fun in that?" She yelled again. I rolled my eyes.

"Alright well, I've had a long day. I need a nap. I'll talk to you later"

"Okay, favorite bitch. Later, love you!"

"Right back at you" I hung up and laid flat on my back, heaving a sigh.

I felt fulfilled. I'm now on chill terms with Elijah, Nick and I are together, Bex is getting better, Zoey and Eddy are still together and happy from what I see and everything is just good. Mom mentioned getting a new job.

I'm just glad everyone is trying to start afresh. Like a new beginning. Not forgetting what happened, I can't ever forget but learning to live with it and accepting it as a part of our lives.

It's kind of cliche but I guess some bad things happen so other good things can happen. Does that make sense? Ugh, I sound like a shrink. But it kind of makes sense, in my head.

It's still bothers me that Axel is somewhere around-- probably dead-- but who knows? The police still haven't found him. I wonder what he's doing or if he's still alive or if he's devising another plan to hurt me or mom, or my friends....or Nick. I felt a cold shiver run down my spine.

"Alex!" My mom called from downstairs, interrupting my thoughts. "I'm going to the grocery store, do you want to come with?"

I quickly hopped off my bed and grabbed my robe. "Yes, I'll be down in a minute!"

I took my phone and skipped down the stairs. She stood at the doorway with a smile as I approached her. I put on a pair of flipflops.

"You've grown so much" she suddenly muttered and I looks at her with a half smile.

"Mom.." I titled my head, wondering what was going through her mind.

"Are you happy? I want you to be happy, Alex. I want you to be so happy that your cheeks hurt from smiling so much" she chuckled as she cupped my cheek. "I've not been the best mom, I know--"

I cut her off. "No Mom, you're the best and I'm happy. I'm really happy and don't blame yourself for anything because it's all over. This is the end of it all" I said, wiping off a tear that had started to roll down her cheek, with my thumb.

She sniffed and pulled me into a hug. I patted her back gently. "Now let's get the groceries before they close up for the day" I said and we pulled apart before making our way outside.

Playing with my fingers and looking outside the window, the wind moaned softly as we drove through it, a question tugged at my thoughts. Was it really all over? Is this the end?

××××××××××××××
13/03/2023

×The end×