(Extra Chapter)- II

Alexandrea's P.O.V

I felt sad that the best night of my life was already coming to an end but I had something planned and hopefully, it was worth it.

I hailed a cab for us and entered. "Where are we going?" He asked and I shrugged.

"You'll see" I smiled as I took out my phone to check the time.

Are you there yet? I typed and sent.

Not yet, I'm almost there, I got a reply almost immediately. I switched if my phone and nervously played with Nick's fingers.

I saw him glance at his hands then at me. "Okay, now I'm really curious" he voiced out. I chuckled and kissed him.

"Just wait" I said and he looked at me for a while before nodding.

Life at Gwen's cooking school was not easy for many reasons. One of them being the fact that I lived in a dorm with two roommates that I argue with every second of the day over the littlest things. I didn't hate them though, it's just tough at times, not as tough as anything I've been through so I'll get through it.

Not to mention, I had to start all over. Start making friends again, the introduction and talking about myself. For now, I had only Ben, who Nick did not like very much. Then I had to live far away from mom, Nick, Zoey, Eddy and even farther away from Bex. But I'm willing to pass through all these after all, it's part of a new beginning.

As we got closer to my house, I got more and more nervous. What if he didn't like the surprise? I thought. He's love it, be optimistic Alex!

I blew out a breath. We finally got to my house and we got down. My mom opened the door and gave me a knowing look. Ofcourse she knows what the surprise is, she's my mom. We made our way immediately to the backyard to meet everyone else.

Nick raised his eyebrows. "This is the surprise?" He asked as his eyes scanned the faces of Bex, Eddy and Zoey under draped lights with chairs scattered around a bonfire.

I shook my head. "No, this is" I said as Elijah came out, Stephanie following. He had an awkward smile on his face with a hand intertwined with Stephanie's while the other was holding a cup.

"Hello" Stephanie said quietly with a smile.

Nick's face was expressionless for about five minutes then in a flash, he pulled Elijah into a hug. "Where did you disappear to, man?" He asked as he pulled away. I heaved out a breath of relief. He likes the surprise.

"I'm sorry I ghosted you all. I just felt like I wronged everyone in one way or the other" he answered.

Bex gave him a pointed look. "So your solution to that was to run?" I glared at her.

"Cut him some slack, Bex" Zoey said and she huffed.

"I know, not the smartest but I'm sorry....am I forgiven?" He asked with a half smile, looking at Nick.

"Do that again and we'll have to tie you up" Nick jokingly threatened and we all laughed.

"This is Stephanie as you all know and she's my..... girlfriend" Elijah introduced and nobody seemed surprised. "Oh? You all knew?"

"Yes, Mr Obvious. You kind of didn't let her hand got since we got here" Eddy teased and Stephanie blushed. I raised an eyebrow in surprise.

"I'm happy for you two" I said and Stephanie smiled at me genuinely.

"I'm happy for you too. Elijah told me about you and Nick" she mentioned and Nick kissed my forehead.

"Thank you, Steph" Nick smiled at me. Bed gagged loudly and I rolled my eyes with a smile.

"All of you are disgusting, by the way. I should have come here with someone but I'm on an abstinence break. I'm focusing on myself" she said, pointing at us.

"Right, miss Bex. We've noted that" Zoey mocked and Bex pinched her making her laugh out loud while Eddy tried to separate them. Stephanie and Eli whispered words to each other and from the way Stephanie kept giggling with a flushed face, I don't think it's something we all want to know.

I looked at Nick. "I've missed this" I muttered. He rested his forehead against mine and closes his eyes.

"I have too"

"I don't want it to end" I closed my eyes too and let him plant kisses all over my face before opening them.

"It won't" He assured.

After everything, I realized that maybe all these wasn't bad. It wasn't bad because I didn't have to go through it alone, I had these people with me and I was grateful I met them. It may not stay this way forever but I'll always be glad it ever happened to me. I'll be glad that I got a chance to feel their warmth even when the world was harsh cold.

"Can we start the bonfire now? The fire is dying" My mom walked in with a tray of snacks as Nick stood up to help her with it. She got herself a chair and sat down.

"Let's get started!" Bex yelled as a song by The Weeknd burst through the loud speaker.

It really was worth it.

×××××××××
It finally ended hehe. Thanks to those that supported me from the beginning till the end, I appreciate you guys so much xx

Stay fabulous ♥
×××××××××
14/03/2023