Chapter EIGHTY

Alexandrea's P.O.V

Twelve days.

A whole week and five days. That is how long it has been since I saw Nick last since the kiss.

Bex's legs swung in the air, laid on her stomach on my bed as she chewed on gummies in a bowl, watching me pace around the room. "Maybe he has just been busy, you know" she said, defending Nick.

"Too busy to even let me know he has been discharged from the hospital?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Maybe he just wanted to tell you later" she said again.

Frustrated, I rolled my eyes. "Bex, I found out from Zoey. There was no later"

"Okay, he's just being an asshole then. Just relax and sit for a minute. Have a gummy bear?" She offered and I sighed.

I sat down and stretched my hand to pick a gummy bear when she swatted my hand away. "Ow! What was that for?" I hissed as I rubbed the spot.

"It wasn't an actual invitation. I didn't mean that" she pouted.

I rolled my eyes at her and places my head in my palms, a particular thought still very much worrying me.

"Do you think he regretted the kiss?" I voiced out in worry.

She sat up in a blink, setting the bowl aside. "Now don't even think that. He made the first move, didn't he?"

"I mean, he did. But you know, it was probably because there was alot of tension and we were alone--"

"Stop before I slap you in the face with a bowl" Bex cut off my rant. I scratched my hair in frustration.

"I don't know what to think, Bex. I just...." I heaved another sigh. "I don't know"

She paused to look at me before engulfing me in a hug. She patted my head. "Come on now, you're too sexy for this. I'm pretty sure he could not stop thinking about the kiss so much that he doesn't know how to face you again "

I chuckled. "Yeah?"

"Yes, stupid" she kissed my hair before I de-tangled myself from her embrace.

"Okay, that's enough about me for today. Tell me, how are you holding up?" I said as I mirrored her former position.

"I'm doing okay. Still traumatized but I'm chill, you feel me?" She shrugged.

"Are you sure?" I asked

"Yes. At times, I get flashbacks and it gets scary but they're reducing. On other notes, I'm done with men, all I need is you" she blew me a kiss and I smiled.

"Bro, you said that last year"

"I know, I know. I'm serious this time. It's not everyday your own boyfriend kidnaps you and your friends and tries to kill them" she joked but I didn't laugh with her.

"Bexlee" I called as her smile slowly faded. Her eyes welled up with tears.

"I'm sorry, Oh my God. I'm over this, what's with the tears?" she smiled as she quickly wiped the tears that started to roll down her cheeks.

I pulled her into a hug. Her shoulders shook as she sobbed. It broke my heart to see her like this. She didn't deserve this. No one did. But then again, she didn't choose it. It's just another chapter of our lives which we're going to laugh about in years to come. I rubbed her back.

"Let it all out. It's alright"

"Fuck. This was supposed to be you" her hoarse voice claimed.

I chuckled. "Oh please. I'm not a crybaby"

"Ofcourse you're not"

Knowing she was being sarcastic, I rolled my eyes and laughed. "I love you, you know that right?"

"Ew, don't be cringe now. I just finished crying" She crinkled her nose and scooted away from me, grabbing her bowl.

I smiled as I watched her. Honestly, I'm grateful for the people in my life. Without her, without my mom, without Zoey, Nick, Eddy and Eli, I don't know what I'd have become. It warms my heart whenever I think about their presence in my little world. It just makes everything better.

"So are we going to watch this movie or you're going to keep staring at my hot self?" She glared at me and I sat up.

"Wait, let me get something I can eat downstairs first" I said as I stood up on the bed and bounced onto the floor.

I rushed down the stairs and heard my mom arguing on the phone. I stopped and traced her voice to her room. She was pacing around.

"Mom?" I called her attention.

She looked at me and walked towards the door to shut it close. My lips curled into a frown. What was that?

I went to the kitchen and opened the fridge. There was no icecream. Shutting the fridge aggressively, I huffed and took bottle water before heading back upstairs.

I got back in the room and saw that Bed was already asleep. Ofcourse she is. I pulled my blanket over her and shut the laptop down before dropping it on my reading table.

I sat on my chair and sighed as I stared at my phone, waiting for a text or call from Nick to pop up to explain why he has been ignoring me.

Ladies and gentlemen.

Who said super powers didn't exist? Because I got a call.

From Nick.

And I missed it on purpose because karma is a bitch.

Eli's call came right after and I had a flashback before answering it.

"Hey Alex" he greeted.

"Hey. How are you doing?" I asked. Yes, things were still awkward on my side. How do y'all pretend in these kind of situations?

"I'm alright. I hope you're good?"

"I am. What's up?" I queried wondering why he called. Not that he wasn't allowed to. Ofcourse, he was but it sounded like he had a reason.

"Are you free right now?"

I looked over at Bex's sleeping figure on my bed. "Yeah? Why?"

"I just want to...you know.... talk" he imparted.

"Oh. Right. Where should we meet?"

×××××××××××××
28/12/2022