CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX

Nicholas's P.O.V

What the hell is wrong with you, man? What the fuck happened back there? What the hell was I about to do? Fuck, fuck, fuck! Thank God her phone rang or this would be a different story. Eli likes her and he's my best friend, I can't betray him like that. I just can't.

I blew out smoke from my mouth and threw the cigarette into a nearby bin. I threw a mint in my mouth right after. Damn, I bet it'll be really awkward the next time we meet just because I left. I do not like Alex. She's too dumb and naive and definitely not my type. When she acts stupid sometimes, I just want to grab her hair and shove an apple into her mouth to shut her up.

Sure ...Or you just want to grab her hair and kiss the hell out of her, my conscience spoke to me and I shook my head. No! I don't want to! No, no, no! It's not right.

I entered the house, using the house key and saw granny fast asleep on the couch. I smiled at the sight and walked up to her, slightly tapping her arm to wake her up.

"Granny" I called but she didn't move at all. "Granny, c'mon wake up!" I called again, slightly shaking her. There was no response. My smile dropped when I realized.

There was no rising and falling of her chest which means that she is not sleeping. I went into panic mode immediately. "Granny!!" I yelled and sat her up, placing her head on my lap. "Shit, no! Granny!!" I shook her vigorously.

"What the hell Nick?! Why are you yelling in the middle of the night?" I saw Zoey stick her head out of her room door, eyes red and puffy.

"It's granny, she's not waking up!" I said as I took the glass cup filled with water in the table.

"What? She's just sleeping" Zoey furrowed her eyebrows, closing the door behind her and walking towards me. She sat beside me and  shook granny. "Granny?" She called, her voice small. "Please wake up granny" her voice wavered with every word.

I scooped granny up in my arms and ran to the from door as Zoey eyes filled with tears. "Zoey! Grab some money and bring the house key" I called as I kicked the door close behind me and adjusted Granny's weight on my arms.

I begin to run to the junction immediately I saw Zoey locking the front door. She jogged after me as I ran. I hailed a cab immediately and we got in. "Please drive as fast as you can to the nearest hospital!!! This is an emergency!!" I barked at the driver and he begun to speed down the road.

I pulled my phone out of my now dried pants and dialed Eli's phone number. It rang a few times and he picked up. "Yo!" I heard Eli say from the phone.

"Eli!" I called, in relief "Meet me at..."I trailed off and found the top floor of an hospital showing from a distance. The name of the hospital glowed brightly on a board. "Meet me at Grace Hospital" I said urgently. The driver parked and I lifted my granny again out of the car with Zoey following me close behind.

"What's wrong?" Eli asked, suspecting that something was wrong.

"It's granny, meet me there. Bye" I said and hung up, shoving my phone in my pocket back. With granny in my arms, I yelled "Hey!!! Nurse!!! Please help!!!" I said, catching the attention of two nurses who brought a stroller and wheeled my granny away on it, leaving me in misery.

I shoved my fingers in my hair out of fear. Why does everyone keep leaving me? Why? If anything happens to her, I don't think I'll be able to handle it. I walked over to a bench and sat down, noticing Zoey sitting beside me as well.

"N-nick?" Zoey sobbed as he lips trembled. I glanced at her "W-will granny be fine?" She asked, with glassy eyes. I gulped.

"Yes" I answered, managing a smile. I entangled my fingers with hers " She'll be fine, I promise" I assured her. Honestly, I don't even know. I don't know if I'll ever see her again or if I'll ever hear her scold me again or if I'll ever get smacked by her again.