Chapter SIXTY-SEVEN

Alexandrea's P.O.V

Wasn't he happy to see me? Did something happen while I was away? Why doesn't he want to look at me? Did I do something? A lot was going through my mind as I watched Nick explain the plan emphasizing them with hand movements.

My eyes searched all over his face as he explained the plan. Creases formed on his forehead as he answered a question that Zoey asked. I tilted my head to the side and sighed as I listened to his explanation of the plan.

"You like him, don't you?" I flinched as I looked at my mom wide eyed. She smiled smugly at me.

"Mom!" I whispered to her. "I don't" I cleared my throat as I looked back at the group. My gaze met Nick's and a fuzzy feeling settled in my stomach as our gazes locked. Oh damn.

He blinked and his gaze was on my mom. "We'll need your help as well Mrs Dwayne" he said and my mom smiled.

"Ofcourse. What do I have to do?" My mom said as we hurdled around. I felt Elijah's gaze on the side of my face throughout the period Nick explained the plan to my mom.

Nicholas's P.O.V

We were all set. I leaned against the wall and tilted my head upwards, the pain was finally getting to me. The damned idiot was is going to regret it. I sucked in air through my clenched teeth as I touched the side of my head where I was hit.

Fresh blood stained my fingers as I swore under my breath. "Nick, are you okay?" Zoey asked, drawing everyone's attention as I met her worried gaze.

"Yeah. I'm good" I answered and looked away from her gaze. I felt her eyes pierce my skin. No, not Zoey. Alex's gaze.

"You're still bleeding from your head man" Elijah voiced out as he raised an eyebrow at me. Zoey narrowed her eyes at me and walked towards me.

I rolled my eyes as she cupped my face in her palms and tilted my head to the side. "Where does it hurt?" she asked.

"It doesn't. Let's focus on how we'll get out of here" I said as I removed her hand from my face. She frowned in dissention.

"How is that going to be possible when you bleed before we carry out our plan?" She snorted and I rolled my eyes again.

"You're overreacting-"I started but Mrs Dwayne cut me off as she cleared her throat. I looked at her and she raised an eyebrow at me.

"She's no overreacting. It's best if you speak up before your injury gets worse. How did it happen?" She asked, giving me a worried look.

"There's no need to-"

"How did it happen Nick?" Alex spoke up, her blue eyes focused on me. I looked away before I started to stare.

"One of the gun men hit me with a gun" I answered and she furrowed her eyebrows.

"I'm sorry. You're all in this mess because of me" she said and looked down at the ground. "I know I owe you guys an explanation and I promise I will explain as soon as we get out here" She assured as she looked us, letting her gaze linger on Zoey.

Mrs Dwayne took Alex's hand and squeezed it in comfort. Zoey gave her a smile and she smiled back. How did I manage to catch feelings for her without even realizing myself? She has me wrapped around her fingers and she doesn't even know it.

The sound of the door opening interrupted my thoughts and caught everyone's attention as well. A smirk crawled up my lips as the gun man with black gloves followed by the one with a bandana entered the room holding their guns, staying on the sides of the door. The smirk dropped. Hold on, what's going on?

Axel strolled into the room with a smug grin. Luke followed smirking and keeping his gaze fixated on me. I clenched my fists by my sides. "A full house, amazing isn't it?" Axel said as his eyes roamed the room and landed on Alex who glared at him with hatred.

"Indeed it is" Luke replied. "Babe?" Luke called and Bex came into the room next. Her face was pale and she kept her gaze fixed to the ground. She was wearing a brown jacked with black top tucked in dark blue jeans. She was obviously uncomfortable. Maybe she was lured into all this.

Luke draped an arm over her and pulled her close, placing a peck on her cheek. "So you all came here because of one person? Interesting, I must say" Axel said as he slowly strolled towards Alex.

She folded her fingers and tears welled up in her eyes as he got closer. Mrs Dwayne ran and stood in front of Alex. "No! Enough Axel! Haven't you had your revenge?! You've done enough! Leave my daughter and I alone, you psycho!" she yelled at Axel.

Axel's smile turned into a frown as he stopped in front of Mrs Dwayne. "Psycho?" he repeated. He slapped Mrs Dwayne across the face so hard she fell on the ground. "Never call me a Psycho, you whore" he spat at her on the ground and looked at Alex.

My eyes went wide and I took a step forward but stopped as soon as Bex sneaked a look at me. She was still firmly pressed to Luke's side. The two gunmen looked at me and I immediately recognized him wearing the bandana. Trigger. The motherfucker that hit Alex. He adjusted his gun on his and pointed it forward. The one in black gloves also did the same. What are they planning?

Alex quickly crouched to the ground as the tears dropped. "Mom!" Mrs Dwayne spat out blood and looked up at Axel, eyes bloodshot.

"You're a monster"she said with gritted teeth. Axel clenched his jaw and brought out a pistol from the band of his jeans. Eddy, Zoey and Elijah looked at me wide eyed and stepped back as Axel pointed the gun to Mrs Dwayne as he dragged her up.

Alex, still crouched on the ground looked up at Alex as tears flowed from her eyes. "Please..." she whimpered, begging.

Mrs Dwayne kept her eyes focused on Alex, reassuring her. Axel pressed the pistol to the side of her head and slowly dragged her back, away from us and towards Luke, Bex and the gunmen.

Alex wailed on the ground, as her fingers grazed the concrete ground. Agony filled my heart as I watched her break. I looked away, gritting my teeth. "Axel" I called.

We all raised our hands above our heads. I took slow steps towards him. "Stay back" He said as the gunmen pointed their guns at me.

"Listen. Just let us out of here and we'll not say a word about anything" I said and he scoffed. I kept taking slow steps towards him.

"I really don't care about that" he said. Bex's eyes widened as she watched the whole scene unfold. "If she sees me as a Psycho, I might as well act like one" he added, smirking as he cocked the gun.

The silence in the room was deafening as the sound of a gunshot rang loudly.

××××××××××××××
13/04/2022