Chapter 5 ( the talk) part 1

As Aly pulled me towards the exit, I was wondering,
What's wrong with him?"
Why did he care with whom I dance?"
And why am I happy to find him pissed?"

My brain kept asking me all these questions.
As we exited the hall, I thought he would stop, but he kept walking towards the hotel exit and I kept walking with no struggle.

He pulled me all the way to the parking lot. It was empty as a barren region, and he still kept walking. Then I stopped and tried to pull my hand away from him.

What?" he barked, leaving my hand.
"What's wrong with you? Why did you bring me here?" I demanded, I assumed he was jealous but why he brought me here, it confused me, also was he angry? I wondered.

"You know why" he replied shaking his head left to right and running his hand in his hair; taking deep breaths.

"No, I don't" I didn't.

What are you trying to prove? With that dance?" he asked scolding me. I was right he was definitely angry.

I laughed. He glared at me and I stopped.
"So, you didn't like my dance? It's not my problem. I dance for myself" I said clucking.

"Every boy was looking at you with lust in their eyes. How can you do this?" he asked with annoyance. Still shocked and disbelieved.

What the fuck! How can he judge me?"
And just like that, his words filled me with rage and I snapped at him.

"It's their eyes; they will always have lust even if I don't dance. It's their fault and not mine. I will dance the way I want, not only me but every girl should dance as they like.
We are not any men's property, just because you are a friend or a husband or a brother or a father it doesn't give you permission to judge us or tell us what to do. We are human and we know what is right and wrong. If you
want to bawl, go yell at those people who were looking at me with lust, not on me for dancing the way I like"I shouted, suddenly it pissed me to my core.

I didn't mean that" He mumbled and controlled his anger.

"Why do you even care? Who are you to me?" I asked; relieved to finally being able to ask him that out loud.

I'm your friend" he whispered thoughtfully; as if he was saying it to himself.

"No, you are not" I replied in a stern voice.
His eyes were wide now, and I continued.
"Do you even care, what I feel?" I asked, lowering my voice as I saw his sad face.

What please tell me?" he offered immediately, as he hung his head guiltily.

"No, you don't get to ask me that. You came here and showed your face after nine years, and you thought everything will be okay? Sorry to disappoint but it's not. You threw me and my feelings like trash. I'm not a trash, and you will not use me like one again. Did you even think about me? When you left everything with you also left. You took everything with you my friendship... my
L" 

I stopped before I could say, love.

My breathing hiked; I was losing it. I couldn't stop myself from lashing my anger out on him, as it has been inside me from the last nine years.

"Yes, I thought about you every day he answered sadly looking down, and it felt like it was somehow true.

But I raised my hand and stopped him. His
words pissed me yet again, and I lost control.

"No, today you don't get to say anything. If you would have thought about me; about how I felt, you would have never left. You never called, you never saw me again, and you never tried to see me not even for once.
Whether I was dead or alive, you didn't care.
You left me with two letters and expected me to forgive you? It was your mistake. Bloody you decided to kiss me, it was your decision to be more than just friends, your decision to leave, your decision for nine years you didn't call not even once. You called Rohit sir but not me.
You're shifting here back, but still no call.

You visited Mumbai but never thought of me? You moved on, making your life success. You even got married and bloody have a kid. You never thought about how I was doing? If you could be selfish for twenty- three years, then why can't I get to be selfish for just one day and dance with whoever I want without any judgment? Why judge me?

I'm not perfect; My half of the life went pretending for others. When you left everyone asked me about you. It wounded me every time anyone would say your name.
It reminded me of what you wrote: you didn't want to stay my friend. Every time the pain was worse than the last one, but still, I kept a confident face and answered them and behaved like I was a strong person. I cried at night.

I wished to go back in time and erase that last day maybe if we would have not kissed; then maybe you would have never regretted it and you would have come to me one last time to at least say goodbye, and perhaps you would have talked to me in these nine years." I stopped for a breath I started breathing heavily. My eyes burned, and I closed my eyes.

And he was quiet.

Tears filled in my eyes and I turned, wiping the tears away.
After a breath, I continued.

"See when you left, everything changed, so stopped pretending that there is still something between us, because there is nothing, and even if I feel something for you, that is what I feel in my heart, no one can take that away from me.

But remember this I love you and I will always love
you forever, but I will never forgive you." Tears flowed, and I stopped.

More tears rolled from my eyes, and I sobbed. Then I saw his teary face; it broke my heart even more than it already was.
I wanted badly to turn around and walked away from him towards the entrance. I wanted to leave him just like he did but I couldn't I was not him. So, I walked towards him slowly;

he didn't move; he was not looking at me. I reached him and wiped his tears.
And softly I told him.

"Don't cry. I didn't mean to hurt you. What I meant was I will not forgive you now. I can't forget for now, but maybe one day I will forgive you," I whispered as I wiped his tears and embrace him in my arms.

I placed my hand on his chest and looked at him.

"I love you and I will always love you. Nothing can change that." I placed one finger on his lips to prevent him from saying anything.
"But also, I'm mad at you and I have all the right to be mad at you, because you broke my heart, also I don't trust you.

If you want to talk to me, then you can as a friend, not as a best friend but a normal friend. What I do should not bother you.
And what you do will not bother me. Okay?" I ask, and he just nodded looking straight into my eyes.

"Let's go. I want to do one last dance with you." I wiped my tears and hugged him once again. I took his hand and walked towards the entrance. He stopped, and I turned to look at him.

"T'm sorry," he whispered.
"Shh.., I know, it's ok, forget about it I don't need your
apology now"I told him and walked again but then I turned and said,

"Maybe after the wedding" I said winking.

I pull his hand around my neck and placed my hand on his waist as we walked towards the hotel entrance.

As we entered, DJ had stopped, I looked at Aly and
pouted; he smiled in return.