THE UNTOLD TRUTH

As I was driving towards the Pune City limit, I started to get excited. I was trying to remember the mall's name where I had shopped last time, I came here on a business trip, but I couldn't remember it.

Aly was on a call talking to someone regards to something. I tried to understand what he was talking about but I failed so I stopped listening and concentrated on the road ahead. I have always loved driving; Car or bike both the same. When the fresh wind touches my face and blows my hair back, it somehow makes me relaxed and calms my nervesS.

As Aly was still talking, I turned the AC off and open my side of the window and rested my right elbow on it as I drove with my left hand.

The road was empty; I drove slowly and the cold breeze touched my face and automatically I smiled. I was enjoying myself and shaking my head as the music played softly in the background.

"All Ok?" I asked Aly once he was done talking.
"Yes," he replied while he was typing.

I stare out of my window at the open fields. Due to the darkness, it was harder to enjoy the view; greenery. But still, I watched the line that joined the side road and the ground. As I live in town, it's difficult to see greenery and whenever I came outside Mumbai city, I always enjoy the freshness of fields and nature.

"i m done," Aly announced, keeping his phone down.
I closed the window and turned the AC on.
"You can keep it down if you want," Aly said.
I turned and smiled politely.
"Na, that's fine." I smiled, and he returned my smile.
"So, are you all relaxed? Are you going to answer me now?" I asked softly.
"Yes, I'm." He suddenly sounded confident,nand I had to turn to look at him.

He was not nervous anymore; he looked confident.
"Shoot" he said.
I smiled.
"So, you tell me, how did you figure? I use to cry and me pretending all the time?" I asked softly, relieved again.

I have been waiting for the past nine years for this moment, to ask him how he knew.
Even though after I found out, it was not the reason he left me, but still, I wanted the answers.

"You sure, it will not bother you?" he asked worriedly again.
"It will not be as worse as I have imagined it from the last past nine years; so, no," I replied sighing.

As I said that depression washed over me and I was instantly felt miserable, just like in the past.

It was true that I had lived almost half my life recalling about this exact question. How did he know? And the worst part of it was I thought he left me because of it.

"Ok I stalked you" he suddenly answered, and signed heavily, interrupting my thought.
I clucked,

"Stalking?" I said giggling.
That was unexpected.

He was quite so I had to turn to look at him;
His eyes were closed, and he was taking deep slow breaths. I stopped grinning; I didn't say anything, and I kept driving. It was distracting to see him like this, but I kept my mouth shut. I didn't want him to feel pressured or guilty as I realized it must have been hard for him as well, to admit after so long. I waited patiently for him to
continue.

"Well" he said hesitantly after a long- long minute.
"I loved you from the day I first saw you," he said and paused.
"I  don't understand. I mean we have known each other from Junior KG," I said, confused.

What was he trying to say? His words didn't make any sense. How can a 4- year-old say he loves someone? This was not what I was expecting, but I was still confused nothing made sense.
"Do you remember the letter last night?"
he asked calmly.
"Yes" I replied softly nodding.

He had written about his mother and how I made him smile and how he followed me, I remembered him saying, Though I don't know the reason why you gave me chocolates, I loved you from the day I first saw you. You pulled me out of my misery; you made me smile at the time when it was impossible to be happy: