THE SMILE

I scroll down the chat; there were over 100 photos of me. Some were with Aly and others were mine with my friends. All the photos were candid and I seem happy in
most of the photos, but also in some, I look angry.

Emotions were clear on my face and seeing the photos all the memories flashed in front of my eyes and I smiled. Why Disha click so many picks of me? I should call her.

I dialled her number and after two rings
she picked up.
"Hi disha, " I said pleased.
"Hello jasmjn, I was hoping you would call me soon." She said giggling.
I was further confused now. Why was she waiting for my call?
"Why are you waiting for my call?" I asked her.
"Didn't you call me because you wanted to ask about your photos?" she asked.
"Oh, yes,"I replied.

"It's obvious; if someone clicks your 200 photos obviously you will call to know the reason." She teased me.
"Ha-ha hilarious. Now stop teasing first tell me, how are you?" I asked, happy about my new wedded friends.
"All is great, I'm tired but I'm happy too," she replied.
"What were you doing all night?" I asked jokingly.
She didn't answer but started laughing loudly and I joined her.

"So, tell me why did you click so many pictures of mine? Who clicked all these?" I asked her.
"What would you like? The truth or should I lie?" she asked me casually.
"I think it's safe to say Truth," I answer thinking about it for a minute.

Obviously, I was curious who clicked my photos, also as far as it was not related to Aly so it was safe.

"Aly asked my little brother to click some photos of you. But as you know my brother, he already has a crush on you so he was happy to click 200 photos of you." She sounded irritated.
"What the fuck? Are you serious?" I asked in disbelieve.

"Oh yes, All the boys are crazy for you, I can't decide who is crazier, Aly for asking my brother to click some pictures or my brother is crazy to click 200 pictures of you. You tell me." She asked.

"'m not sure," I replied, smiling. I couldn't control myself and I burst out laughing loudly and disha joined me.
"So, you and Aly?" she didn't finish her question, and I sighed.

"I'm not sure what I want and what should I do?" I replied to her honestly.
"I can understand, as you always say it's okay', don't stress too much about it. Go with the follow and just see where life takes you. Stay happy that's all I can suggest," she said with concern.

"Thank you. Now I'm at work will text you later." I said and hung up after our goodbyes.

Wow, sometimes Aly goes to length to do things. He asked someone to take my photos. The right emotion for this should be angry but I was not. I was happy to discover that he really loved me. This brought a smile on my face and I saw other text from him.

Im going to the Hotel to collect my bags and Im taking your house key along: I will be home before you arrIVe in the evening but just in case, thought of informing you.

Aly.

I quickly hit the reply and answered him.

Sure, no worries see you at evening.
And please do eat lunch.
PS. Hope you liked my photos

Jasmin.

I smiled wide as I wrote that. I kept my phone aside and started my work. As I was on leave for almost this whole week; I had some work pending. I started my work, and I heard a beep sound and automatically
smiled.

Yes, I will definitely eat lunch.
And yes, the photos are lovely
and beautiful just like you.
The boy did a great job.
PS. I would have eaten more properly
you had joined me for lunch.

Aly.

I had to smile at his response.

I would love to join you for lunch, but as I
was all week on leave, and today is the last
working day so busy with pending work.
About the photos, the boy that clicked my photos
is disha's little brother, and he has a crush on
me. He mostly clicked my photos for himself
PS. We are eating dinner together

jasmin.

I kept my phone aside and started working. He didn't reply to me immediately, so I concentrated on my work.
At lunch, I opened Aly's Text.

Yes, we will have dinner together. Also, why am I
not surprised to find out about your new admirer?
PS. What time will you leave office?

Aly.

I clucked as I read his response.

What about my new admirers? How many
do you think, there are on the list?
At 6:10p.m. I will be out of office

jasmin.

Later the whole day I had a smile on my face but as I was super busy so there was no personal time. But I was looking forward to spending the weekend with him. Once it was 5:55 pm, I started to wrap my work.

Once I said my goodbye and wished a happy weekend to my boss and office colleagues,
I left the office. I checked my phone to see if there was any text from him and there it was.

A very long list of admirers.
Do you want a list?

Aly.

I laughed loudly and started the engine. I wore my helmet and headed home. The whole way I was smiling.

Even though I wanted to stop, I couldn't. My smile was unstoppable, and I loved it. To be honest, I was not angry with him. Suddenly after last night, I was at peace.

To find out that he never left me because of my sadness
was a relief. Though I will never forget the pain I suffered for nine years but to discover that pain was due to me as I was supposed to call him and not the other way around, somehow made it bearable. The whole experience was an eye-opening that no matter what the situation is, you should never assume.

If I would have not assumed that letter to be a breakup letter, then maybe I could have avoided the last nine years of hell. But also I'm not that sad of my life because I did achieve great things in the past nine years, I have a secure job and
I love my job; I own a place to live, friends that I adore and with God's grace, I can give myself anything I want.

The only thing that made me sad was love.

I never felt love for anyone and I missed Aly. Now after last night, finding that he loved me the same I love him, it made me happy. I'm scared, I don't know for how long this happiness will last. As I'm doomed to be sad, I don't want to jinx my happiness but I'm happy to be with Aly.

Now after last night did my decision change? Do I want to spend my whole life with him? The Answer for this is always going to be yes, but I always said no because of his family and son but now after knowing he doesn't have a son should I say Yes? was this the right thing to do? Should I trust him? I want to trust him but after being independent for so many years it's a little difficult to depend on anyone

As disha told to go with the follow, I will not over-think it.
I need to run some errands before going.home. So, I stopped in front of the.departmental store to buy some groceries. I.took bread, milk, some biscuits, eggs, juice
and some chocolates; I smiled as I took.them. It was a quick stop as I already knew what I wanted and also; I wanted to reach home early as my man was waiting.

My Man?" I was in high spirits as I thought of the term I used in my brain.